+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused visa unnecessary

Sristi ghosh

Mar 31, 2021
This is me sristi I got my student visa refused on ground like
I am not satisfied you will leave Canada at the end of your stay

Your proposed study is not in light of your academic record,your qualifications, previous studies, level of establishment and future prospects and plans

Let me tell you a little about my profile I have just passed 12 in 2020 with 80.25 % commerce background chose to study diploma in culinary management in Niagara College. Married in 2019 no gap except during corono was waiting for flights to open so as to apply for Canada . Can you please tell me what is wrong in my profile

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Order GCMS notes. So you have no post-secondary education? Why do you need to study culinary management in Canada and how does it help your career prospects back home? Why can’t you study in your home country?

Reactions: Sristi ghosh

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
This is me sristi I got my student visa refused on ground like
I am not satisfied you will leave Canada at the end of your stay

Your proposed study is not in light of your academic record,your qualifications, previous studies, level of establishment and future prospects and plans

Let me tell you a little about my profile I have just passed 12 in 2020 with 80.25 % commerce background chose to study diploma in culinary management in Niagara College. Married in 2019 no gap except during corono was waiting for flights to open so as to apply for Canada . Can you please tell me what is wrong in my profile
You had a slim chance from the beginning, how does culinary studies advance your career/knowledge in commerce background? This is the main reason your profile got rejected. You cannot pick an easiest option from the lot, your previous background should match with what you are trying to do or atleast remotely. Get your bachelors or a higher degree in your home country, try for masters/advanced degree in Canada you might have a chance.

Sristi ghosh

Mar 31, 2021
You had a slim chance from the beginning, how does culinary studies advance your career/knowledge in commerce background? This is the main reason your profile got rejected. You cannot pick an easiest option from the lot, your previous background should match with what you are trying to do or atleast remotely. Get your bachelors or a higher degree in your home country, try for masters/advanced degree in Canada you might have a chance.
But after 12 I can change my background I always had interest cooking studying in this field will give me alot of opportunities in home country once I do my master degree in commerce I will never be able to change my career path

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
It doesnt work like that, you have a better chance if you choose any technical background with strong scores in IELTS/GRE or related.

You need to write a strong letter which emphasizes why you want to study cullinary science in Canada and how it helps your career/your goals etc. You need to show a very good bank balance in your name or your parents name. I am assuming you cannot show any properties/physical assets in your home country (you said you finished 12 in 2020). When you apply for a Visa there are so many factors comes into consideration and tbh from my perspective you picked an easy course just to go to Canada and visa officer saw the same thing.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
But after 12 I can change my background I always had interest cooking studying in this field will give me alot of opportunities in home country once I do my master degree in commerce I will never be able to change my career path
So why can't you take a culinary course in your home country if there are lots of opportunities. Visa officers don't think you will have those opportunities and don't feel you need to come to Canada for the program.

Sristi ghosh

Mar 31, 2021
I have good ielts score overall 6.5 and I also have property as well bank balance in husband's name. I have already written everything and is planning to apply again in a few days

Sristi ghosh

Mar 31, 2021
So why can't you take a culinary course in your home country if there are lots of opportunities. Visa officers don't think you will have those opportunities and don't feel you need to come to Canada for the program.
I meant jobs are there in home country

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
I have good ielts score overall 6.5 and I also have property as well bank balance in husband's name. I have already written everything and is planning to apply again in a few days
IELTS 6.5 is not a good score, it is an average score. Around 8 overall is considered as good score. You can definitely apply n number of times but as long as your application is weak (which is now) it wont be approved. Also everything should be on your name (not on your name not your property/money). Basically you need to show to officer that you will leave Canada after your course.

Reactions: YVR123

Sristi ghosh

Mar 31, 2021
IELTS 6.5 is not a good score, it is an average score. Around 8 overall is considered as good score. You can definitely apply n number of times but as long as your application is weak (which is now) it wont be approved. Also everything should be on your name (not on your name not your property/money). Basically you need to show to officer that you will leave Canada after your course.
What should I do now?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
What should I do now?
Unless you address the actual reasons for refusal (the letter you received are generic reasons), another application will likely be refused and multiple applications in quick succession, without addressing the VO concerns do nothing but add a hint of desperation, which supports the refusal. Order the GCMS notes, assess the VO concerns and reapply once you have addressed those concerns.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
You had a slim chance from the beginning, how does culinary studies advance your career/knowledge in commerce background?
Thats high school level commerce. I doubt she is locked in commerce career.
She could end up taking anything in arts, business or trade in college. Culinary Management seems OK. Weird thing is why in Canada though.

Reactions: starlordavuthu

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
It doesnt work like that, you have a better chance if you choose any technical background with strong scores in IELTS/GRE or related.
Not possible with a commerce background.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Something is off about your profile. You completed 12th in 2020 but got married in 2019 with no gap in studies. That will make you 16-17 years old when married -- which is impossible in India (assuming you are from India as you said 12 for school).

Now leaving that aside, you want to do some diploma in a trade. I doubt a VO will put "why you cann't do that in your home country" BUT what does not make sense is what will you afterwards. A diploma in a trade and management tends to be local, so whats your plan afterwards? Are you planning to open a restaurant in India/your home country? Do you have one already? Perhaps family owned?

Ultimately, how do all of these things fit together?

See the problem here? You need to present a plan which is believable. Eg. If your family had owned a fine dining restaurant it would be like :

Family owned Hotel and Restaurant business dealing with international travellers so you need experience in culinary arts from Canada/abroad and experience in training and managing a team which can serve such clientele. Hence Canada and this diploma. You will return to work in there. Attach hotel/restaurant registration and legal declaration from the owner (family member) affirming your story.

see?