+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused Visa this morning

Mohamedji

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
Hi, I have applied last year for study permit and I was refused. I re applied this year with a strong application on 17 July, and I was refused 14 August, the refusal is based on purpose of visit as well as for family ties in Canada and in the country of residence. I don't have family in Canada, and I study software engineering in Russia.

My application:
Study program: one year software development certifcate at BCIT.
Currently: pursuing bachelor of software engineering in Russia, first year,
English: CAE
Attached: First year transcripts of math and coding, all As. Submitted certificate of ownership of my house in Morocco.
Enough funds and completely justified.

Please, what is can be the problem with my application?

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hi, I have applied last year for study permit and I was refused. I re applied this year with a strong application on 17 July, and I was refused 14 August, the refusal is based on purpose of visit as well as for family ties in Canada and in the country of residence. I don't have family in Canada, and I study software engineering in Russia.

My application:
Attached: First year transcripts of math and coding, all As. Submitted certificate of ownership of my house in Morocco.

You are not likely to leave Canada at the end of your stay.

mga20

Star Member
May 24, 2020
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
20-07-2020

My application:

You are currently in the first year of your bachelor's and still applied? That seems odd.

Also, you are doing engineering and going for a certification. Plus, not residing in your home country. Those factors you should consider if thinking of re-applying again.

Mohamedji

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
You are currently in the first year of your bachelor's and still applied? That seems odd.

Also, you are doing engineering and going for a certification. Plus, not residing in your home country. Those factors you should consider if thinking of re-applying again.
I see. Ok

yxjason

Oct 5, 2019

I do not think residing in different countries means u will definitely get rejected. There are many applicants who study in different countries get approved

mga20

Star Member
May 24, 2020
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
20-07-2020
I do not think residing in different countries means u will definitely get rejected. There are many applicants who study in different countries get approved
Never claimed that it leads to certain rejection. Could be just one among the many other factors mentioned. Everyone's case is unique anyway.

Mohamedji

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
Yes but you are going from a Bachelor's to a certificate. Seems strange
But I explained in the letter of explanation why, like I chose that because Canadian tech certificates and diplomas are very valuable in Morocco, this is not a wording, it s true, as many IT school ideas in Morocco came from Canadian experience.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
But I explained in the letter of explanation why, like I chose that because Canadian tech certificates and diplomas are very valuable in Morocco, this is not a wording, it s true, as many IT school ideas in Morocco came from Canadian experience.
There's no proof in that. The visa officer cannot take your word for it. He will look at your application only.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
My opinion: Canadian education is great but it is hardly believable that a 1 year certificate is better than a Bachelor's from Russia (which is a decent education center in its own right). You'll have to come up with some better than what you have explained I think

Mohamedji

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
My opinion: Canadian education is great but it is hardly believable that a 1 year certificate is better than a Bachelor's from Russia (which is a decent education center in its own right). You'll have to come up with some better than what you have explained I think
I agree, I really thought it's just an educational trajectory and nothing of big deal to get a study visa. I believed I ll get it. A random guy who passed entrance examinations for an advanced one year certificate program from BCIT, went to Russia, got all As in first year, and things like that... It s like I am sure I ll succeed there in my studies, I have home ownership, I explained why I went to Russia, I am only looking for education, And, I study at 3rd best university in Russia, my English level is C2, I found it strange to get my application refused, but in any case, I should have thought more carefully before applying! Thanks to all of you for your interaction, and best of luck to you!