+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused Twice, Now Received AIP Today

Ruby90

Dec 5, 2020
For any program to count there has to be an in-Canada component of at least 8 months to get EE points.

Distance learning does not count. This is what I have been told.
He is not claiming points for Canadian education. In which case, he will not get points because for that you have to be in Canada. However, we checked with the University and they will provide him the certificate of completion and official transcripts after he completes the program. This would be another certificate program he completed through distance learning, in addition to his bachelors degree so it should add to his education points. Thats what our understanding is. Anyone who knows the process would be able to verify.

Reactions: P@1n

P@1n

Mar 9, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Passport Req..
07-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-08-2017
He is not claiming points for Canadian education. In which case, he will not get points because for that you have to be in Canada. However, we checked with the University and they will provide him the certificate of completion and official transcripts after he completes the program. This would be another certificate program he completed through distance learning, in addition to his bachelors degree so it should add to his education points. Thats what our understanding is. Anyone who knows the process would be able to verify.
Yes if the wes or any other eca evaluates it as diploma or a certificate, you will definitely get the points for two or more certificates category according to the crs calculator. But if that was the case and he was at the brink of ITA required score, it would have been much easier to do one course in India itself rather than doing it in Canada.

Reactions: Ruby90

Ruby90

Dec 5, 2020
Yes if the wes or any other eca evaluates it as diploma or a certificate, you will definitely get the points for two or more certificates category according to the crs calculator. But if that was the case and he was at the brink of ITA required score, it would have been much easier to do one course in India itself rather than doing it in Canada.
You’re right. Thank you for answering. He checked with the university of victory and they told that he would be given a certificate of completion and transcripts at the end of the program once he completes all the courses. Question: does he still need to evaluate this certificate from wes or eca? It will be given by a Canadian university which is well recognized.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
What i also don’t understand is why a student has to show strong ties to home country. If students are supposed to go back to their home country, why are there options of work permit. A student invested in Canadian education so they would try to secure a job in canada itself and why is it even wrong? Don’t this country need skilled workers? Whats the point of express entry then? Sorry for venting out here. It all doesn’t make sense to me right now.
What you are seeing is bunch of contradictions in Canadian immigration system.

Canada WANTS student, they want them to WORK in Canada after and during studies and they EVEN want them to settle here BUT ..... They dont want people to come as students and then just disappear and work without authorization OR to come in a false students. This makes things harder for immigration policy makers. What the hell they should do? To weed out such candidates they have these clauses "Satisfy a VO that you will leave Canada after your study" -- which is a barefaced lie. What in reality is "Satisfy the VO that you wont violate any condition on your study permit".

Why they do it this manner? Because Canada has this weird humanitarian laws in which you cann't discriminate according to ... a number of things. So what they have done is that in IRPR they have added this weird clauses about "Satisfy VO that you will blah blah blah". And VOs go by profiles. A typical profile of a student is someone in early 20s, coming to Canada alone, joining a masters program perhaps etc etc etc. Any atypical case needs more consideration and if IRCC does not have time for that then they give flimsy reason afforded by law and just reject.

It is noteworthy that many of their rejections will not be able to face a judicial review in court of law. Actually, many of "Regulations" themselves seems to be contrary to basic laws in Canada such as non-discrimination. Its just that most of the students are outside Canada and they cann't afford a lawyer to challenge IRCC so it continues.

Reactions: Khalid96

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
That means you don't intend to immigrate with such visa in hand.
Its more complicated than that. You can legally have dual intents during application a work permit or study permit. What it means is that a person's application cannot be rejected just because they want to immigrate (at that point or in future). A person can have an intent to come to canada as a temporary resident AND at the same time can HAVE an intent to immigrate permanently to Canada. Neither of these invalidate a person's either application in Canadian immigration system.

What does invalidate is the "possibility that this person can violate conditions on permit or visa" ie staying beyond the dates given on WP or SP etc OR working more than allowed on SP etc.

Ruby90

Dec 5, 2020
What you are seeing is bunch of contradictions in Canadian immigration system.

Canada WANTS student, they want them to WORK in Canada after and during studies and they EVEN want them to settle here BUT ..... They dont want people to come as students and then just disappear and work without authorization OR to come in a false students. This makes things harder for immigration policy makers. What the hell they should do? To weed out such candidates they have these clauses "Satisfy a VO that you will leave Canada after your study" -- which is a barefaced lie. What in reality is "Satisfy the VO that you wont violate any condition on your study permit".

Why they do it this manner? Because Canada has this weird humanitarian laws in which you cann't discriminate according to ... a number of things. So what they have done is that in IRPR they have added this weird clauses about "Satisfy VO that you will blah blah blah". And VOs go by profiles. A typical profile of a student is someone in early 20s, coming to Canada alone, joining a masters program perhaps etc etc etc. Any atypical case needs more consideration and if IRCC does not have time for that then they give flimsy reason afforded by law and just reject.

It is noteworthy that many of their rejections will not be able to face a judicial review in court of law. Actually, many of "Regulations" themselves seems to be contrary to basic laws in Canada such as non-discrimination. Its just that most of the students are outside Canada and they cann't afford a lawyer to challenge IRCC so it continues.
This makes sense. Thanks for the detailed reply.

sidroy09

Jul 26, 2013
Its more complicated than that. You can legally have dual intents during application a work permit or study permit. What it means is that a person's application cannot be rejected just because they want to immigrate (at that point or in future). A person can have an intent to come to canada as a temporary resident AND at the same time can HAVE an intent to immigrate permanently to Canada. Neither of these invalidate a person's either application in Canadian immigration system.

What does invalidate is the "possibility that this person can violate conditions on permit or visa" ie staying beyond the dates given on WP or SP etc OR working more than allowed on SP etc.
I totally agree with your statements. As I mentioned in my previous post, these student visas are "Non-Immigrant" visas same as work permit visas in US. Of course even then companies file for immigrant's PR applications. So apparently people do come here with an intent to stay permanent and officers know that as well. But going by the nature of these visas, they are meant to be used ONLY for study, practical experience and then return to home country.
That is why it falls under "TEMPORARY RESIDENCE" visa application type.
So officers can use that as a "reason" to reject saying that you are using student visa just to immigrate to Canada. which is not the primary purpose of these visas.

I immigrated 7 years ago and have seen multiple such cases in both Canada and USA. Also, that is true that Canada need skilled immigrants and would love to bring such students and workers but at the same time they have to follow the correct process and make sure people don't abuse such visas or programs.

Last edited:

Nvd

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
What's your status . You got through
I called IRCC after receiving AIP on 28 jan nd they told me that my eligibility is passed , criminality is passed , medical passed on 27 jan. Final decision awaited? What would b the final outcome ?

Robinjo

Jan 14, 2021
Hey guys !

I just wanted to cheer-up everybody who has been refused before. I have been refused twice, & yet I again applied for the 3rd time (but this time of course with more research, in order to present a profile which could be more desirable from a Visa Officer’s point of view).
I just wanted to tell everybody- it’s okay if you have been refused … just give your best shot & you too shall get through. In my opinion, it is crucial to decode your refusal reasons & make your next application in such a way that it rectifies the prior mistakes. (Visa Officers never refuse for no reason, I understood this with my 2nd refusal & I soon rectified my mistakes & along with it I also presented myself with an in-depth Letter Of Explanation to express myself in front of the Visa Officer).
Whatever it is, some people might be at a more problematic situation than me, I know it takes a toll on our mental health as well, but we gotta stay positive & keep trying… we can get through!

Below is my timeline :-

1st refusal (SDS) - October 2019!

2nd refusal (SDS, applied after ordering GCMS Notes) - January 2020

3rd Attempt
Applied (SDS) - 29th May 2020
Medical passed - 13th July 2020
AIP (via personal email) - 13th August 2020

I am hoping I don’t get a refusal in my final decision as I have my medical passed & I don’t have any criminal background (Even my earlier refusal reasons didn’t mention anything about bad background or anything)
My application is also got rejected for the first time. Now I'm waiting for the gcms notes in order to apply for the second time. Could you please share me ur explanation letter, just to reduce my anxiety.. Too much worried.