+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

refused TRV

mav2115

Apr 26, 2014
Hi good day.... i just got my processed visit visa to Canada and the VO refused my visa for a reasons:
They are not satisfied that i would leave Canada at the end of my stay as temp. resident. They consider several factors including:
1. My Travel history- since my passport is very clean and not traveled yet to any countries.
2. My personal assets and financial status- since i only have $ CAD 1,000 in my account, but my Canadian sponsor is the one who will shoulder for all my foods and accommodations in Canada.
My plans:
!. I am planning to travel to Hongkong for a days or a week as tourist just to have a travel history on my passport.
2. My friend will deposit $ CAD 3,000 in my account. And instead of 2 months vacation i am going to lessen it to 1 month vacation.
Now here is my questions:
1. Do you think my travel for a days or week in Hongkong is enough to prove to the VO that i can support my self for travel and do you think $3,000 is enough as a show money for a 1 month vacation. I don't understand why I need to show a lot of money knowing that I have a Canadian sponsor who will support me in Canada. And I have my family with a 3 children and a good job here to be back with. Do you think 1 month is enough to re apply again after all my plan was done.... Please be advised.... thanks

M

mikeymyke

I don't think going to Hong Kong will help you out at all. When CIC looks at travel history, they usually want to see you travel to countries that are difficult to enter, such as USA, Canada, Australia, UK, etc. If not, they want to see you've traveled to many different countries. Just travelling to Hong Kong one time, which is relatively easy country to enter, won't help your travel history.

As for your assets, ideally, both the guest and host should collectively show they both have lots of $, but if you the guest do not have sufficient funds, the host should show he has lots of money. If you said to CIC that the host will be supporting you and you got refused, I'm guessing you were refused because your host doesn't have enough. Also, CIC will refuse you if they see someone deposit a sudden large amount of money into your bank account, this has happened to others on this forum before. Instead of telling your friend to deposit into your account, he should keep it in his instead. I highly recommend you save up at least $2500 for yourself before applying again.

You have a family back home, yes we know that, CIC did not refuse you because of family ties.

mav2115

Apr 26, 2014
Thanks for the advise... what do you think is the fastest way to go Canada. My Canadian boyfriend who is my sponsor has 92 years old mother who want to be taken care of and since i am a nursing graduate, he wants me to hire as a caregiver of his mom. But i have seen that the processing time of live in caregiver is 39 months that take so long. What do you think is the fastest way to go to Canada. I hope you can help me again this time. Thanks. God bless

M

mikeymyke

The fastest way, aside from the TRV, is to marry him and have him sponsor you as his wife. I'm guessing you are Filipino, so instead of waiting 39 months, if you marry him and he sponsors you, you can come in 8 months to a year.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
So you had no intention of just visiting Canada but were coming here to work as a carer.

Sounds like immigration got it right.

mav2115

Apr 26, 2014
nope not really, our plan is to visit his country and for me to meet his mom and his other relatives that are living far from where he lives.... and if his mom agreed to be taken care of me that is the time he will hire me as a carer... but of course i have to go back in the Philippines again to prepare some of the documents needed if ever his mom agreed..... and he will go here this November to make our second plan happened...

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
mav2115 said:
1. Do you think my travel for a days or week in Hongkong is enough to prove to the VO that i can support my self for travel and do you think $3,000 is enough as a show money for a 1 month vacation. I don't understand why I need to show a lot of money knowing that I have a Canadian sponsor who will support me in Canada. And I have my family with a 3 children and a good job here to be back with. Do you think 1 month is enough to re apply again after all my plan was done.... Please be advised.... thanks
Just adding to the great advice you have been given:

1) Are you planning to visit Canada without your three children?? That is a red flag for immigration. Families travel together, and when not then then they don't go for as long as two months.
2) Did you provide your employment letter and letter of leave? Again if you are in a good job then the odds of you having such a long vacation doesn't sound right.

Also take into account that Filipinas travelling to Canada alone have a hard time. The Philippines is one of the countries with more illegal immigration from love online websites. How did you meet? Immigration is specially hard with these cases that are in the spotlight. Your application has to be superstrong, and the way you are doing it doesn't sound strong enough to me. Mikey had it right, must probably the best way to do this is that you get married first.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/canada/sharp-rise-in-online-dating-scams-43977.html
http://www.asianpacificpost.com/article/4119-rapid-rise-reported-asian-dating-scams.html

Be careful.

mav2115

Apr 26, 2014
Hi Jalex thanks for the advise.
1) Nope i am not planning to bring my three kids with me to visit Canada because they have to attend their school here in the Philippines. I guess you're right two months is long for a vacation to leave my kids here.
2) Yes i did provide en employment letter and a letter of leave from my employer allowing me a 2 months vacation leave without pay. I've been working for almost 8 years as a caregiver in one of the well known congregation.
We met at a dating site in the internet. He visited me last November for two weeks and we had a great time together, he also met my family and kids and he promised me to show his beautiful country to me and to meet his family as well... Unfortunately we can't get married yet because his divorce is not yet done with his ex Mexican wife and i'm married but separated for more than four years. So we think that tourist visa could do if he's going to sponsor me. Do you think I have to lessen my length of visit just for 3 weeks if ever i apply for another visit visa. Or it may help if I wait for him to come and visit me again and what if he goes to Canadian Embassy to ask permission if I can go with him in Canada just to visit for 3 weeks.... Some more advice please... thanks a lot...

mkf0909

Apr 28, 2014
dear sir
I had applied multiple entry visitor visa 17/04/2014 it was refused
Reason of the high commission
1.travel history
2.financial status
3.purpose of visit
I went uae dubai for 5days,I showed my bank account fund 7000cad$,given travel initerary but it was refused canu explain how to overcome the problem and how will I get visa ?what will I do necessary steps to success my application?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
mav2115 said:
Hi Jalex thanks for the advise.
1) Nope i am not planning to bring my three kids with me to visit Canada because they have to attend their school here in the Philippines. I guess you're right two months is long for a vacation to leave my kids here.
2) Yes i did provide en employment letter and a letter of leave from my employer allowing me a 2 months vacation leave without pay. I've been working for almost 8 years as a caregiver in one of the well known congregation.
That is a problem. A leave without pay is like you were unemployed. More red flags.

mav2115 said:
We met at a dating site in the internet. He visited me last November for two weeks and we had a great time together, he also met my family and kids and he promised me to show his beautiful country to me and to meet his family as well... Unfortunately we can't get married yet because his divorce is not yet done with his ex Mexican wife and i'm married but separated for more than four years. So we think that tourist visa could do if he's going to sponsor me. Do you think I have to lessen my length of visit just for 3 weeks if ever i apply for another visit visa. Or it may help if I wait for him to come and visit me again and what if he goes to Canadian Embassy to ask permission if I can go with him in Canada just to visit for 3 weeks.... Some more advice please... thanks a lot...
I would like other members to give you advice on this. In my experience it is better to show there is a relationship and more travels together to other countries or even a US Visa from your part would help a lot.

If you can't get married then that's a problem. I would lessen the stay to two weeks with round trip air tickets set to Sept/Oct in case you have to reapply.

Two months is simply too ambitious.

mkf0909 said:
dear sir
I had applied multiple entry visitor visa 17/04/2014 it was refused
Reason of the high commission
1.travel history
2.financial status
3.purpose of visit
I went uae dubai for 5days,I showed my bank account fund 7000cad$,given travel initerary but it was refused canu explain how to overcome the problem and how will I get visa ?what will I do necessary steps to success my application?
We would need more details, also try opening a new thread, this will give you more feedback from other members.