+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused Tourist Visa Application

Aug 5, 2017
Philippines
Hello, I am Charlotte, 25 years old, single, working as an Admin Asst for already 4 years. I got my tourist visa application refused last August 3, 2017. The reason was:

"Given economic conditions, employment prospects, considering your travel history, economic
establishment and family ties, I am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of your admission
as a temporary resident in Canada."

My family (Father, Step Mother, Brother, Step Brother) are permanent residents of Canada. The reason why I am going to Canada is to attend my Step Brother's wedding on October and to take care of my father because he will have a Thyroid operation by August or September.

I plan to reapply for a Tourist Visa as soon as I get my US visa because my Step Brother's wedding will be held in California. I have no intention of overstaying in Canada because I will start planning my own wedding on January 2018. My fiancé is an American Citizen residing in California, I will start the Fiancé Visa processing on May 2018 so I can go to California before our wedding on January 11, 2019.

What other additional requirements can I provide to satisfy the immigration officer that I will not over stay or work in Canada? Thank you.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Hello, I am Charlotte, 25 years old, single, working as an Admin Asst for already 4 years. I got my tourist visa application refused last August 3, 2017. The reason was:

"Given economic conditions, employment prospects, considering your travel history, economic
establishment and family ties, I am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of your admission

My family (Father, Step Mother, Brother, Step Brother) are permanent residents of Canada. The reason why I am going to Canada is to attend my Step Brother's wedding on October and to take care of my father because he will have a Thyroid operation by August or September.

I plan to reapply for a Tourist Visa as soon as I get my US visa because my Step Brother's wedding will be held in California. I have no intention of overstaying in Canada because I will start planning my own wedding on January 2018. My fiancé is an Gringo Citizen residing in California, I will start the Fiancé Visa processing on May 2018 so I can go to California before our wedding on January 11, 2019.

What other additional requirements can I provide to satisfy the immigration officer that I will not over stay or work in Canada? Thank you.
Attach a letter from your fiancé where he explains that you intend to get married and live in the USA. Attach his letter of employment, picture identification and contact info.

Also keep your visit to a maximum of three weeks.

Good luck.

Aug 5, 2017
Philippines
Attach a letter from your fiancé where he explains that you intend to get married and live in the USA. Attach his letter of employment, picture identification and contact info.

Also keep your visit to a maximum of three weeks.

Good luck.
Btw, when my parents visited me last July and they gave me money to be used in my application processing, I deposited it in my bank account, so my account balance went triple. Do you think it affected the reason why I got refused?

Khris6

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
Btw, when my parents visited me last July and they gave me money to be used in my application processing, I deposited it in my bank account, so my account balance went triple. Do you think it affected the reason why I got refused?
Hello, Jennica! Just some clarification. Why do you want to go to Canada and when do you intend to visit Canada? How many weeks did you request on your first application? :)

About the money in your account, it will help if you will explain in a letter why your money in the back went triple.

Aug 5, 2017
Philippines
Hello, Jennica! Just some clarification. Why do you want to go to Canada and when do you intend to visit Canada? How many weeks did you request on your first application? :)

About the money in your account, it will help if you will explain in a letter why your money in the back went triple.
I will visit Canada to attend my step brother's wedding on October 10 and to take care of my father after his thyroid operation. The wedding will be held in California and I am currently waiting for my interview on August 14 at the US embassy. My previous intend of stay was less than 3 months.

Khris6

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
I will visit Canada to attend my step brother's wedding on October 10 and to take care of my father after his thyroid operation. The wedding will be held in California and I am currently waiting for my interview on August 14 at the US embassy. My previous intend of stay was less than 3 months.
I am quite confused he he. Your step brother's wedding will be in California but you applied for Canada TRV?

Since it will be your first visit to Canada, lessen your requested stay to maximum of 2 weeks. Have you traveled before to other countries? :)

Reactions: Jeniicapistrano
Aug 5, 2017
Philippines
I am quite confused he he. Your step brother's wedding will be in California but you applied for Canada TRV?

Since it will be your first visit to Canada, lessen your requested stay to maximum of 2 weeks. Have you traveled before to other countries? :)
I applied Canada TRV since my Father will undergo operation by September, I will be the one who will take care of him, and it happened to be on October 10 will be my step brother's wedding in California.

Yes, I travelled to Singapore last January 2017.

Khris6

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
I applied Canada TRV since my Father will undergo operation by September, I will be the one who will take care of him, and it happened to be on October 10 will be my step brother's wedding in California.

Yes, I travelled to Singapore last January 2017.
I see. CIC mentioned "travel history" as one of the grounds of refusal. Maybe this is because your only travel is Singapore and yet your requested stay in Canada is less than 3 months. Go for 2 weeks next time you apply.

Family ties because you have stronger family ties in Canada. Are you living with your Mom here in Manila?

Did you provide a cover letter on your first application? I think a letter will help your case since in a cover letter you will be able to explain to a visa officer your situation here in Manila and cite instances why you need to be back here in Manila. :)

Aug 5, 2017
Philippines
I see. CIC mentioned "travel history" as one of the grounds of refusal. Maybe this is because your only travel is Singapore and yet your requested stay in Canada is less than 3 months. Go for 2 weeks next time you apply.

Family ties because you have stronger family ties in Canada. Are you living with your Mom here in Manila?

Did you provide a cover letter on your first application? I think a letter will help your case since in a cover letter you will be able to explain to a visa officer your situation here in Manila and cite instances why you need to be back here in Manila. :)
Yes, I will lessen my intend of stay for 2 weeks on my next application.

My mom passed away when I was 11 years old but I am living with my grandparents here in the Philippines. On January next year I will be planning my own wedding so I really have no intention of over staying in Canada. My fiancé is an American Citizen residing in California, we'll be processing my Fiancé visa on May 2018 because I need to be with him before our wedding on January 11, 2019.

Yes, I will provide a cover letter on my second application so I can properly explain my case. Hopefully, the officer will grant my visa this time.

Thank you very much for all the help, Khris. You have no idea how much I appreciate your time for answering all my questions.

Khris6

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
Yes, I will lessen my intend of stay for 2 weeks on my next application.

My mom passed away when I was 11 years old but I am living with my grandparents here in the Philippines. On January next year I will be planning my own wedding so I really have no intention of over staying in Canada. My fiancé is an American Citizen residing in California, we'll be processing my Fiancé visa on May 2018 because I need to be with him before our wedding on January 11, 2019.

Yes, I will provide a cover letter on my second application so I can properly explain my case. Hopefully, the officer will grant my visa this time.

Thank you very much for all the help, Khris. You have no idea how much I appreciate your time for answering all my questions.

Just giving back. This forum helped me a lot when I was preparing my application. I see that since Canada Embassy does not require an interview, the cover letter will speak for ourselves in convincing the officer. Provide COE indicating when your office needs you to report back to work plus leave forms. If your grandparents are dependent on you, you can state that too in your cover letter. Your cover letter's objective is to convince the visa officer that there is no reason for you to stay in Canada. Good luck on your next application. Keep the faith :)

Aug 5, 2017
Philippines
Just giving back. This forum helped me a lot when I was preparing my application. I see that since Canada Embassy does not require an interview, the cover letter will speak for ourselves in convincing the officer. Provide COE indicating when your office needs you to report back to work plus leave forms. If your grandparents are dependent on you, you can state that too in your cover letter. Your cover letter's objective is to convince the visa officer that there is no reason for you to stay in Canada. Good luck on your next application. Keep the faith :)
One last question, where will I include the cover letter since I will be applying again online? :p

Khris6

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
One last question, where will I include the cover letter since I will be applying again online? :p
Hmmm I did not do the online application ha ha. But as what I have read in this forum you can upload it under "Purpose of Travel". Another suggestion, maybe just say you will visit your family there and for tourism than you will take care of your Dad :)

Aug 5, 2017
Philippines
Hmmm I did not do the online application ha ha. But as what I have read in this forum you can upload it under "Purpose of Travel". Another suggestion, maybe just say you will visit your family there and for tourism than you will take care of your Dad :)
Ohhhhh okay I will not include that. Thanks so much, Khris! God bless you!;)

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014

I plan to reapply for a Tourist Visa as soon as I get my US visa because my Step Brother's wedding will be held in California. I have no intention of overstaying in Canada because I will start planning my own wedding on January 2018. My fiancé is an American Citizen residing in California, I will start the Fiancé Visa processing on May 2018 so I can go to California before our wedding on January 11, 2019.

Sorry to say, but your profile has some red flags, even if your intention to travel to Canada is sincere. The visa officers rarely appeal to emotion, just hard facts, and that's reflected in their reasons to deny your TRV.

Taking care of your father is not a good purpose of travel, as it is parallel to illegal work. I know it sounds harsh, it's your own father after all, but that's how the visa officers think. From a Canadian officer's eyes, they would rather have your family legally hire a caregiver to take care of your father.

IMO, the American fiancé is also a red flag, as it indicates your intention of emigrating, even if it is not necessarily in Canada. It is also common for US tourist visas to get denied when they see a Canadian immigrant visa.

They already have this all in your record even when you reapply, so you have to be careful. It might help indeed to reapply after your US tourist visa gets granted, it will not be a guarantee, so good luck.

Last edited: