VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
03-09-2016
Hi Guys,

Please help me here, my profile is

- IELTS 6.5 overall (L8, R6.5, S6, W6)
-36 month work exp in IT company(MNC)
-66% in BTech Computer Science (2008-12)
-52% 10+2 (Grade 12)

*No study gap
*I am actually good at programming
*I can't include Letter of recommendations from the university professors as 30th will be the only day I am going to have.

I was accepted by the Concordia University(MS in Software engg)-Winter session but recently got refused by Chandigarh embassy with the reason "Proposed program is not reasonable in light of past studies, language scores and language abilities.". Please help me here, what I have to do now?

1. Can I add Statement of Purpose defining my intent? related to interest in course?
2. Is there any chances of getting visa, if I reapply again?
3. If re applied, do I need to add anything else?
3. As 30th is Monday here and can I apply in this term?

Please help me guys, it is very urgent. :(

xphrick

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
why didnt u attach sop in the first attempt?

u shud now atleast and explain low grades in 12th

hs.harpreet101

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
14-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
03-09-2016
Hi,

I have added SOP but I think that was not that great; unable to convince VO. Please tell me what do I have to do now? Add a good SOP again?

Added SOP:

"I would like to introduce myself as Mr. Harpreet Singh, a young engineering undergraduate from India who is always fascinated towards the today’s advancement in science and technology. My 4 years of undergraduate studies, engineering in Computer Science & technology at --- University, - & my exposure and penchant for research have made the choice of further study.
Further studies were always a priority for me but it was my belief that before that I must gather some valuable work experience in order to gain a larger perspective of the industry. In keeping with this idea I joined Accenture Pvt India Ltd as Assistant Software developer, continue to work there as Software developer now. My 3 year work experience turned out to be extremely enriching for me. Working at Accenture has sharpened my research skills. It has inculcated in me team spirit and the ability to interact and work with both colleagues and seniors in a proactive manner. It has also helped me in accepting the challenges involved to expertise new domain and new technology, getting familiarized to new concepts, skills and has developed a sense of professionalism in me. All in all my days at Accenture have served in focusing my interest towards research and development.
I would like to put to use my ability and skills to do my Masters in Software Engineering at Concordia University. This would give me the leading edge in technology and the information I require. For the past few decades mankind is advancing towards the unknown realms of science and technology. This advancement is to make life easy and to increase human comfort at home and at work; I would like to be an integral part of such betterment. My ambition is to work at the forefront of the technology with the ability to find innovative solutions to the changing needs.
I’d shortlisted many universities worldwide and shortlisted Canada as my destination. Canadian culture is more diverse and vibrant. It is considered peaceful, safe and orderly country. Being a country of immigrants from all over the World, different perspectives are respected and learning together is encouraged. Tuition fees and living expenses are also in favour of Canada when compared to other countries with equally good education system. Besides, it is a country which patronizes Science and Technology in the way to achieve social progress and improve human life. All these factors coupled together make the Canada an ideal place to pursue my further studies.
Studying in Concordia University, Monteal will be the integral part of my life. Concordia University provides the distinguished faculty and excellent facilities and make the graduation program ideally suited to my professional goals.
Preservance is the key to success. Knowledge with dedication is highly essential to climb the ladder and reach the pinnacle of success. I am sure, the quality knowledge and impeccable guidance will mold me to be in the learning mode all my life opening the way for constant growth as a person and a professional. To conclude, I would like to state that if granted admission into your university I would perform to the best of my abilities and hope to acquire skills that will help me realize my dreams. Finally I take this opportunity to thank you for enabling me to express myself.
"

I don't understand If I was accepted by a University then why VO had a prob with that? University must have checked my scores right :(
And If I have to explain about my low scores then what possible reason I can explain? truth or something convincing?

hs.harpreet101

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
14-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
03-09-2016
I have actually added SOP but that was not explaining any of my scores. Let me post my SOP here.

xphrick

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
truth is always better

and after reading first 3-4 lines from your sop it looks like some sample sop from the internet.

please use your wordings. you dont have to show off any vocab to the VO. write your history. And please don't use any quotes.

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
I don't know on which basis the VO can come to a conclusion that computer science is not related to software engineering.

Anyway, adding following in your Sop may help.

1) Explain how the chosen programme is matching with your previous work experience and undergraduate degree.

2) Explain how the masters in Canada will benefit you in your future career prospects in india.

hs.harpreet101

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
14-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
03-09-2016
Thanks for your reply guys, I really expect more responses from your side CanadaVisa.com.
You are right actually, I took this thing lightly and added some lines from the internet.
Please help me rectifying this new letter of explanation that I have written in my own words.

LETTER OF EXPLANATION
I would like to introduce myself as Mr. Harpreet Singh, who is working in Accenture India Pvt Ltd as Software Engineer from past 36 months. I am writing this letter as specifying my purpose of study and covering my refusal in this letter.
I understand that low scores in Grade 12 doesn’t attract one for my interest towards studies but these scores were low due to health problems. My interest towards computers was there with me when I was a school boy. Starting from learning shortcuts, windows tips and tricks, I started assembling computers and troubleshooting for my friends. At age of 15, I made a C++ program which can take text files and print it on console line by line. I also have a good knowledge of mobile phones and related technologies. In University, I was also a proactive student and performed very well in practical.
My performance in computer related subjects was always great, such as Digital Circuit and Logic Design, Programming languages, Network operating systems, Operating Systems etc. I was 1 of the 100 students that were hired as Associate Software Engineer by Accenture in 7th semester of my graduation in a programming test out of 600 students jointly. In 8th semester, I made a project of ‘Mobile World’ website which offers more information on the latest mobile phones and I received 80% scores on the project itself.
In Accenture, my performance was remarkably good and had received appreciation many times from the seniors. I was promoted to Software Engineer after 13 months with company’s highest level of rating (CSAPG – Candidate Superior Among Peer Group) which increased my package by 47% (joining at 2,76,000, upgraded to 4,07,000). Currently, my team sits in Australia and I am leading our project as primary offshore resource in India for project installation, defect fixing and support to other related projects. Various bonuses, reward points were also given to me for time to time performance. Now I’d learnt many coding languages on my own because of project demand and had implemented in our current project as well with less re-fixing ratios.
Further studies were always a priority for me but it was my belief that before that I must gather some valuable work experience in order to gain a larger perspective of the industry. I was accepted for Information Systems Security diploma by Durham College, Oshawa for intake Sep 2016 but as in our company there is lot more value for Masters that is why I have chosen Concordia University. This university accepted me for the Masters of Software Engineering because of my intent towards studies and recommendation by the professors as a student who performed well (under top 20% of students).
I would like to put to use my ability and skills to do my masters. This degree will provides me the best study of developing high-capacity computer software in a controlled, systematic and qualified manner and it will improve analytical and design skills. This would give me the leading edge in technology and the information I require.
If given this opportunity, I will be able to excel in my career.

Is that impressive? help me making it more pretty, i think now you understand, what I am and what am I doing..

hs.harpreet101

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
14-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
03-09-2016
and my letter is not in bold it just the heading which I have written in bold.
Help me pleasseee. :(

TraceurMandeep

Oct 8, 2015
Toronto and Montreal
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2015
Doc's Request.
10-11-2015
IELTS Request
09-11-2015
File Transfer...
10-11-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2015
LANDED..........
17-12-2015
I got my Visa on Nov 25, 2015. Can you share your E-mail address? Hope my SOP would be helpful.

hs.harpreet101

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
14-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
03-09-2016
Thanks mandeep, sent PM to you. Please add your comments by reviewing above SOP in bold.

punar

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2015
Med's Done....
1-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
29-12-2015
TraceurMandeep
Plzz mail me too
I am going to apply day after tomorrow
Punarsingh20@gmail.com

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

hs.harpreet101 said:
Hi Guys,

Please help me here, my profile is

- IELTS 6.5 overall (L8, R6.5, S6, W6)
-36 month work exp in IT company(MNC)
-66% in BTech Computer Science (2008-12)
-52% 10+2 (Grade 12)

*No study gap
*I am actually good at programming
*I can't include Letter of recommendations from the university professors as 30th will be the only day I am going to have.

I was accepted by the Concordia University(MS in Software engg)-Winter session but recently got refused by Chandigarh embassy with the reason "Proposed program is not reasonable in light of past studies, language scores and language abilities.". Please help me here, what I have to do now?

1. Can I add Statement of Purpose defining my intent? related to interest in course?
2. Is there any chances of getting visa, if I reapply again?
3. If re applied, do I need to add anything else?
3. As 30th is Monday here and can I apply in this term?

Please help me guys, it is very urgent. :(

1. Most likely issues with your documents. I don't see any issue with your profile.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need to improve your IELTS score. For a Masters, CIC is expecting to see a minimum of 6.5 in each of the four IELTS categories. Your speaking and writing scores are too low.

Don't bother reapplying until you improve your IELTS results.