Feb 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I was refused for study permit and TRV last year for 4 times (two times for tourist visa and two times for study permit). Reason was always like ''he will not come back to his home country...''
This year my employment situation has changed, since I begin to work for large software company (shift from financial to software industry).

I'm determined to study in Canada, hence I'm thinking to prepare my new study application. I hope will manage to get my employer support for studies. Since I plan to to change my course to study postgraduate course in IT field (previously financial field), I would like to hear opinions regarding:
- How should I approach to new application and how much time should I wait before submitting new application?
- Given the history of previous refusals, do I have any chance to obtain visa?

I appreciate advices from experienced members.
Regards

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
what is ur complete profile? 4 times is a lot

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This year my employment situation has changed, since I begin to work for large software company (shift from financial to software industry)
Get THREE years of experience at that company, establish yourself there, get some promotion, look for further possibilities at THAT company to grow in career and only THEN try to convince VO that study in Canada is a necessary and LOGIC step in your career in your home country.
Getting married also could help. ;) :)

belex

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, first of all, I'm married, having two kids as well :)
They are staying in my home country.

I'm from south European country. First time I applied as a visitor to do some short time course and visit a friend in Toronto. Second TRV application was similar as first one. My purpose was to explore study opportunities while I'm there, but they refused my application.

Then I choose a course, got admitted to Fanshawe and applied for study permit but also being refused. I ordered GCMS notes, where it's noted that they do not believe that I'm bona fide student and can't see why I wish to study in Canada, since having opportunities to study somewhere in Europe....

Then I applied for the second time for study permit (4th TRV app!), with the same course, but at Centennial college, and provide two letters from prospective employers from my country promising employment after graduation etc. They invited me on interview, but just to say to me, that it's impossible that 4 different officers made a mistakes considering my applications and they refused me again. This is in short...

@Regina
Why do you think that I need THREE years of experience at current company? Is there some kind of a rule about that or?
My plan was to do a 1 year and then apply for January 2015 intake. I believe that company will write a letter and support me in my endeavours, but the question is: Do you think it's too early to apply again after one year of last refusal ?
I'm afraid that they can always say why not Europe, why Canada...

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
by profile i mean what is ur educational background percentages marks etc.......what courses u applied ....what documents did u attach when filing for a visa......

belex

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vienna office does not ask educational documents, mark sheets, not even an IELTS scores etc, like Asian offices.
I can say that postgraduate course is from financial planning field, and it is a logical progression in my studies. The thing is that I have a large gap in studies, since I'm 35 years old, and did not have a good job at the time when I applied for the visas.

But now, as I said, my personal situation is different. I switched my career in IT industry, as a software tester. My intention is to improve my skills and education in this field of expertise (canadian NOC code 2283).
The crucial question is how to convince VO that my intentions are honest, given the fact of previous refusals.
The questions that bothering me are:
How much time to wait before submitting next application.
How to explain why I wish to study in Canada and why not some other european country.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How much time to wait before submitting next application.
IMHO one year of experience is not enough for some reasons: 1. you did not have proper job before in finance 2. ONLY RECENTLY you switched to ANOTHER field . 3. You did not explore European options (which is more logical and I suppose CHEAPER (?)). I could advise you to get some education in your new field in your home country and then find some program that is the next step in your education, back it up with options (after graduation) in you career in profession. However , it still leaves a question "Why not in Europe?".

How to explain why I wish to study in Canada and why not some other european country.
This is what only you can know (based on your education-work-family situation, research and COMPARISON)