+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused many times, yet really need a TRV again!

shamtl

May 1, 2008
Hi all,

I'm a PR, living in Canada by myself, married to a Chinese citizen 2 years ago, visited him and the family again last Christmas. Now I'm expecting and the due date is the end of Sept 2008. My hubby wants to come and I really wish he could be here at the time. He is thinking to apply for a TRV, visiting for a month. He's purely coming to accompany and help me during the labor. He does intend to return to his country after the visit. I will fly back to the family when the baby is 2 or 3 monts old.

The problem is he had been refused getting Canadian visa for many times before:
- July 2002, student visa
- Dec 2004, visitor visa
- March 2006, visitor visa
- August 2007, immigration visa

Other details:

My hubby has a full-time permanent job. He owns half of a 3 bedroom apt and a car. He will ask a letter from his boss stating that he will take his annual vacation and back to work at an exact date. He will attach his bank statement and prepare about 10-15k CAD to bring during his stay in CA (he'll be staying in my apt - a rent one). I will ask my doctor a letter of when I will give birth. I might be able to submit two confirmed tickets for me and the baby later.

My questions are:

1 - Is it still possible for him to get a TRV? ~ considering after being refused many times, and now he is coming for his 'family' here (me and the baby), which might be considered more family-tied than his mom, dad, and granny, and all his belongings back in his country...

2 - Will it be good enough data/proof to submit with the TRV application? ~ especially to assure the CO that he'll leave at the end of his visit. If not, please advise what's missing for better support.

I would greatly appreciate any one's advice about my situation. Thanks in advance!

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
2007 immigration visa- did he apply in the spouse category? It should be easier for him to immigrate as a spouse. And you can apply for him within Canada.

Thanks.

shamtl

May 1, 2008
Immigration visa / spouse sponsorship was refused - my fault, I didn't update my marital status when landed.

Don't know what could be done.

Just hoping for TRV this time....

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

shamtl said:
Immigration visa / spouse sponsorship was refused - my fault, I didn't update my marital status when landed.

Don't know what could be done.

Just hoping for TRV this time....
As the sponsorship was refused, there is no way that he is going to get a TRV. I am assuming that as you didn't declare that you were married on landing, that as yet CBSA hasn't reported you for misrepresentation.

PMM

shamtl

May 1, 2008
PMM said:
As the sponsorship was refused, there is no way that he is going to get a TRV. I am assuming that as you didn't declare that you were married on landing, that as yet CBSA hasn't reported you for misrepresentation.

PMM
Thank you, PMM. But is it really that strict, NO WAY getting a TRV?
Even with an honest and true intention that he will just make a visit and will absolutely leave on an exact date?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

shamtl said:
PMM said:

PMM
Thank you, PMM. But is it really that strict, NO WAY getting a TRV?
Even with an honest and true intention that he will just make a visit and will absolutely leave on an exact date?
Yes they are that strict, as your spouse is no longer a member of the family class, and to be harsh, you misrepresented yourself once and with 4 refusals, it is extremely unlikely that a TRV would be issued.

PMM

shamtl

May 1, 2008
PMM said:
Hi

Yes they are that strict, as your spouse is no longer a member of the family class, and to be harsh, you misrepresented yourself once and with 4 refusals, it is extremely unlikely that a TRV would be issued.

PMM
Thanks again, PMM. I'd just found an immigration web service stating that one could come into Canada without TRV, only if he has family member in Canada with legal status. One should go to the POE / border from the States, showing the proof of his relation to the family in Canada, and apply for humanitarian and compassionate ground to be united with the family. Is this true?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

shamtl said:
PMM said:
Hi

PMM
Thanks again, PMM. I'd just found an immigration web service stating that one could come into Canada without TRV, only if he has family member in Canada with legal status. One should go to the POE / border from the States, showing the proof of his relation to the family in Canada, and apply for humanitarian and compassionate ground to be united with the family. Is this true?
No

PMM