+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused because of Residence

ParadiseCrystals

Feb 23, 2009
I got refused because I didn't have enough days when I applied for citizenship. When I reapply again, will they make me wait longer for citizenship? Will they make me flll out a Residence Questionaire and make me see the judge again? Please let me know:)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have enough days when you apply the 2nd time, they should approve you unless they have some reason to think you are making it up, say you needed 6 more months and you apply again 3 months later, they know you are lying. Otherwise I don't think they will give you any problems.

ParadiseCrystals

Feb 23, 2009
Well thanks for ur reply leon. The reason that I asked is because I saw on their website the following:
Indications declared residence may be in question

The following list, while not exhaustive, includes indications that further inquiry into declared residence may be required. It is important to note that indications alone do not necessarily mean a case of residence not being met. Their weight and credibility vary and must be considered in conjunction with all information on file.

—Residence declaration

Applicant declares Non-Permanent Resident (NPR) time which cannot be confirmed through immigration documents, FOSS, or stamps in passport and NPR time is needed in order to meet the residence requirement. (CPC referral.)
Applicant cannot adequately or convincingly account for time spent within the past four years.
—Previous applications

Applicant had a previous application for citizenship that was refused on residence. (CPC referral.)
Applicant had a previous application for citizenship that was abandoned or withdrawn. (CPC referral.)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/ob022.asp