+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused 3 times to visit my wife and need an urgent advice

bremen_eine

Dec 13, 2008
Hi guys,
Could anyone advice me on the the next step to follow. My wife is presently studying in canada and I have applied 3 times to visit her and my applicaton was refused. The first refusal stated that I didnt have enough ties in canada and in the UK where I am presently living with a temporary resident visa after my studies. They also queried my purpose of visit. So, my inlaw ie my wife's uncle (Canadian over 30yrs) decided to send me a letter of invitation and sponsorship to take care of my expenses and accomodation and he tried to explain to the canadian embassy in the UK the need for me to come over to visit my wife since she is pregnant at the moment.After sending in my application for the second time, i was refused again stating my purpose of visit and my ties in Canada and UK. So he decided to meet his MP who later sent a letter to the embassy to request for the main reason why I was refused despite fulfiling all the requirements. They later faxed a letter to him stating that I was not reliable that I didnt disclose to them that my wife was pregnant. I was like my wife was not asked for any medicals and also there was no place on the form where it was written to declare any medicals or etc. So the MP wrote a letter on behalf of myself and my inlaw, I was also asked to get a letter from my place of work, letter from my landlord and also a letter from my vicar in the church for a letter of recommendation and also to show my trustworthiness. So I sent back my application and to my greatest surprise, I was refused again and this time around, they said they were not sure if I will leave canada for UK or my home country Ghana which they dont think I have any ties there... So after I spoke to my inlaw, I was told to get a proof from my home country maybe thru a lawyer to convince the embassy that I have properties back home in Ghana which I inherited from my late father.
I need an advice and the next step to follow because my wife is really in pains, trying to cope with her academics and she will be due to give birth by the end of this month and she really needs my presence and my assistance and I would not want her to drop her studies since there is no body to assist her and look after the baby. Her uncle and his wife lives 2hrs away from where her school is and they have been trying for her driving back and forth and taking her to the hospital to see her midwife and for checkup and it has been tough on them and if I were to be there with my wife, these inconvinences will not be much.
Please I need an advice and a way forward. I look forward to hearing from you guys soonest.
Best regards,
Eme

Neyo

Star Member
May 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2006
AOR Received.
10-02-2007
Med's Request
03-03-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
LANDED..........
25-12-20012
Wao, it's pathetic. Unfortunately, visiting visa is a mere privilege and not a right. The more reason that your wife is pregnant suggest you are not going to leave Canada anytime soon. If you have any reason to visit Ghana, I suggest you apply from there and take into consideration all that has been said in the past.

However, if the last rejection has not been long, I suggest you appeal, rather than re-apply

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no formal appeal process if your application for a Temporary Resident Visa is refused. Read this link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/visit/visit-faq04.asp

humpakistani

Mar 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
after Reading your whole statement here i will prefer you to make a appeal there and i hope they will not reject it again because according to laws you can appeal with the valid reason

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
If the initial application was made in December 2008 ,by now many circumstances must have changed. The wife has given birth etc...,So VO does not feel obliged to approve a temporary visa to visit a student,actually the percentage of visa refusals to third world countries applicants is quite high,especially when submitted out of the country of origin.Reason ?( No ties in country of residence and no ties in Canada).
Was it not wiser to submit a PR application if you can make the points?by this time it could have been processed and finalized !
These days it only takes about 15 months for processing ,you should consider take that route.