+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusal reason for winter. Suggestion required

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I got refusal for winter intake. The reason stated below:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(c) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the cost of transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada.

Intend program: MEng in Industrial Engineering(self funded) winter 2021
Base: B.Sc in Mechanical Engineering(2009)
EMBA (2013)
Experience: Steel Manufacturing/Industrial engineer 10 years, wrote strong SOP
IELTS: 6 not less than 6
fund: SP+OWP(1 year) Tution: 14000, Living 14000, Spouse 5500, Flight 5000
Sponsor: Me and my mother
Total cost shown: 56000 CAD

What is your suggestion? Should I apply again by showing more funds(another DPS and gold money has not shown this application) and pay 1 year tution? Or defer the semester and apply later.
The biggest concern seems to be the finances. Are you open to applying solo and then applying for spouse later? That might help

Lahore90

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
Guys i need help, i’ll be really very thankful. I am studying UTP stage 1 in International college of manitoba, online. I applied my Visa under Non-Sds since many people said its faster nowadays. But unfortunately i got rejected. Although my college is covid-19 readiness plan list. I am almost in the end of this semester getting done with my finals, and moving towards next which is the last and the fee deadlines are also coming. I want to know what should i further do? As i’ve had a strong Bank statement, tax returns and property. Bank statement was under my mothers’s account and the tax returns and property was under my name, since my father is not with us, we got all these possessions in beneficiary. I thought to show my tax returns and property rather than my brothers for a strong case and strong home ties as i am a partner in my family business.
The reasons i got rejected,
•I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

what should i do now? Go for Sds but how? Since there’s only one semester left for the foundation. And what changes should i make to prevent these reasons of rejection.

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Guys i need help, i’ll be really very thankful. I am studying UTP stage 1 in International college of manitoba, online. I applied my Visa under Non-Sds since many people said its faster nowadays. But unfortunately i got rejected. Although my college is covid-19 readiness plan list. I am almost in the end of this semester getting done with my finals, and moving towards next which is the last and the fee deadlines are also coming. I want to know what should i further do? As i’ve had a strong Bank statement, tax returns and property. Bank statement was under my mothers’s account and the tax returns and property was under my name, since my father is not with us, we got all these possessions in beneficiary. I thought to show my tax returns and property rather than my brothers for a strong case and strong home ties as i am a partner in my family business.
The reasons i got rejected,
•I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

what should i do now? Go for Sds but how? Since there’s only one semester left for the foundation. And what changes should i make to prevent these reasons of rejection.
Why are you studying online when you don't have a visa and/or even AIP? You have to stop studying immediately. You will most likely have to forfeit your tuition fee for this semester since you are almost ending it.

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Reactions: shopnodana91

Lahore90

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
Why are you studying online when you don't have a visa and/or even AIP? You have to stop studying immediately. You will most likely have to forfeit your tuition fee for this semester since you are almost ending it.
Then what should i do? I shouldn’t pay the fee for next semester? As its a foundation and it will be my last semester. What about the resubmitting the visa? What changes should i take?

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Then what should i do? I shouldn’t pay the fee for next semester? As its a foundation and it will be my last semester. What about the resubmitting the visa? What changes should i take?
You should not submit any new fee or continue studying. Stop here. Forget about continuing studies here. Defer your course intake to Summer/Fall 2021 since you are out of time for Winer 2021. Order GCMS notes and look at the reasons for refusal when the notes arrive. You can ask for help from people here. After that, re-apply using SDS/non-SDS, whichever makes sense.

I've read your other thread as well. Showing heavy financial statements doesn't impact anything unless your educational profile + choice of course is weak.

Lahore90

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
You should not submit any new fee or continue studying. Stop here. Forget about continuing studies here. Defer your course intake to Summer/Fall 2021 since you are out of time for Winer 2021. Order GCMS notes and look at the reasons for refusal when the notes arrive. You can ask for help from people here. After that, re-apply using SDS/non-SDS, whichever makes sense.

I've read your other thread as well. Showing heavy financial statements doesn't impact anything unless your educational profile + choice of course is weak.
But how can i defer? My foundation course is online till april. And i had no other option than UTP course. Plus i guess i made a mistake showing my mothers bank statement and my Ntn certificates and tax returns. I should’ve gone for my brother to be my sponsor. Pls enlighten me.

shopnodana91

Dec 20, 2016
Bangladesh
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-01-2021
Med's Request
02-03-2021
Med's Done....
08-03-2021
Passport Req..
01-04-2021
The biggest concern seems to be the finances. Are you open to applying solo and then applying for spouse later? That might help
Thanks for your concern. But, I also heard that without applying spouse, VO suspect it and refused. However, if it is only for money issue I believe I can address it as I didn't show some other funds of my sponsor in earlier application.
Apply them from here: https://www.getgcms.com/ or https://www.applygcms.com/. This file will have actual reason for refusal.
I applied from gcmsonline.com. I am not sure about their service. What's your opinion. Should I go for your mentioned address again?

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014

Femlala

Nov 16, 2015
Hello guys

Can someone please share more info if they know anything? My sister applied for study visa from Nigeria, she got to the point where she did her medicals. Her application was updated saying she passed her medicals.

After a few weeks, she got her passport back without her visa but with a note saying : " your application is still in progress while your passport is being returned. You will be contacted to resubmit your passport if required"

Does anyone know what this means? Is this a subtle refusal? Any information will be appreciated.