+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

refusal of work permit due to biometrics

Candela

Jan 24, 2019
Hello!
My work permit application has been rejected because:
I have been found inadmissible to Canada under paragraph 41(a) of the IRPA: through an act or omission which contravenes, directly or indirectly, a provision of this Act
I have failed to complete the required biometrics collection as per A10.01.

I would like to know whether these two statements are dependent, in other words, the specific act or omission by which I do not meet the eligibility requirements is because I did not complete the required biometrics?

Thanks in advance for the information

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello!
I have been found inadmissible to Canada under paragraph 41(a) of the IRPA: through an act or omission which contravenes, directly or indirectly, a provision of this Act

I would like to know whether these two statements are dependent, in other words, the specific act or omission by which I do not meet the eligibility requirements is because I did not complete the required biometrics?

1. What is your current status?
2. Have you cited the corrected section of the IRPA for biometrics collection?

You have been deemed inadmissible because you have contravened a condition or you have not met an obligation under the IRPA. That said, it is important to know the specific non-compliance requirement.

Does your refusal letter state this specific non-compliance? If it does not, I recommend you order GCMS notes

Candela

Jan 24, 2019
Hi Bryanna,

thank you for your answer. This is the letter I received:

"Thank you for your interest in working in Canada. After careful review of your work permit application and supporting documentation under the International Mobility Program, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

• You are found inadmissible to Canada under paragraph 41(a) of the IRPA: through an act or omission which contravenes, directly or indirectly, a provision of this Act.

• You have failed to complete the required biometrics collection as per A10.01.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee."

they did not specify the requirement I did not meet, at least this requirement is the biometrics. I read in internet that a non-compliance allegation must be coupled with a specific requirement of the IRPA or the IRPR. Therefore, I suppose that the specific requirement is the biometrics. Does it make sense?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna,

thank you for your answer. This is the letter I received:

"Thank you for your interest in working in Canada. After careful review of your work permit application and supporting documentation under the International Mobility Program, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

• You are found inadmissible to Canada under paragraph 41(a) of the IRPA: through an act or omission which contravenes, directly or indirectly, a provision of this Act.

• You have failed to complete the required biometrics collection as per A10.01.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee."

they did not specify the requirement I did not meet, at least this requirement is the biometrics. I read in internet that a non-compliance allegation must be coupled with a specific requirement of the IRPA or the IRPR. Therefore, I suppose that the specific requirement is the biometrics. Does it make sense?
Like the refusal letter states, your application was likely refused because you didn't give your biometrics.... but, best to be sure by ordering the GCMS notes before you reapply

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
Have you done your biometrics?

Candela

Jan 24, 2019
Like the refusal letter states, your application was likely refused because you didn't give your biometrics.... but, best to be sure by ordering the GCMS notes before you reapply
I have already ordered the GCMS, however, the answer can take up to 1 month and I have my flight next Wednesday.

Candela

Jan 24, 2019
Have you done your biometrics?
I have not, I did not realise that my application was updated and I was asked for my biometrics. Therefore, they refused my application and now I would like to know whether this was the only reason in order to reapply.

EstherBarros

Aug 18, 2014
BC- Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
File Transfer...
14-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
Upon reading what you posted, what I understand is that YES, the reason why it was declined is because you did not provide biometrics in a reasonable timeframe or communicated to them that you needed more time.
The "Act of Omission" is not providing the biometrics, as I understand it.

You should probably re-apply and do the biometrics, but unfortunately, you will not be able to fly to Canada next Wednesday, I believe =/

karandhanju

Jan 28, 2019
CANADA
I have already ordered the GCMS, however, the answer can take up to 1 month and I have my flight next Wednesday.

Hi,
Could you please send me the link where i can apply for notes.
as my sister is PR and on her basis i have applied for Visitor but got this reason . i am not able get this as i have gave my biometrics too.

You are found inadmissible to Canada under paragraph 41(a) of the IRPA: through an act or omission which contravenes, directly or indirectly, a provision of this Act.

can you please guide me and can my sister apply for it or i have to apply.

thanks

Deep13480

Feb 22, 2019
Hi Bryanna,
We submitted application for grand parents to visit Canada on March 15,2019.Application was rejected today april 23,2019because of following reasons:
.You have not complied with our request for information, per subsection 16(1) of the
IRPA. To date, you have failed to comply with our request for biometrics.

Though grandfather did book an appointment on April 1,2019 and went to give biometrics and vfs replied that because he is 70yrs his biometrics are not visible so they did not send his biometrics to cic nor they advised him what to do in that case.
Now his Application is rejected but the spouse Application (grandmother)is still in progress.
What should we do in this case he will never be able to visit and see his grandchildren in Canada?
What can we do.we submitted rest all the documents.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hi Bryanna,
We submitted application for grand parents to visit Canada on March 15,2019.Application was rejected today april 23,2019because of following reasons:
.You have not complied with our request for information, per subsection 16(1) of the
IRPA. To date, you have failed to comply with our request for biometrics.

Though grandfather did book an appointment on April 1,2019 and went to give biometrics and vfs replied that because he is 70yrs his biometrics are not visible so they did not send his biometrics to cic nor they advised him what to do in that case.
Now his Application is rejected but the spouse Application (grandmother)is still in progress.
What should we do in this case he will never be able to visit and see his grandchildren in Canada?
What can we do.we submitted rest all the documents.
He needs to give biometrics. Only people older than 79 years are exempt. If he is 70, he must give them. The VFS should have re-done the biometrics. Simply not submitting them is not acceptable.

Deep13480

Feb 22, 2019
He needs to give biometrics. Only people older than 79 years are exempt. If he is 70, he must give them. The VFS should have re-done the biometrics. Simply not submitting them is not acceptable.
He visited vfsglobal to give his biometrics but they said biometrics are not clear or visible.Is there any other way to give biometrics.He is more than ready to give his biometrics but question is how as the agency who is responsible for doing biometrics is not successful in getting them.

Davidc90

May 27, 2019
Hello!

I got this exact letter of refusal too, did you get the notes back? Did it say these two terms are related to each other and you are in fact refused because you didn’t provide biometrics?

Did you reapply or ask for a reconsideration of the decision?

indiagirl

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Hi, I recently got the same letter of refusal too and assumed it was just biometrics. Were you able to rectify this and finally get your Visa after you submitted your biometrics?
Curious to know how long from the date of biometrics you heard back from them. Just hoping mine comes through fine this time.