+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusal of Visit Visa

bzaghwan

Nov 26, 2015
i have applied for visa to visit my sister in Vancouver but i have received refusal in 24 hours period.
the reason for the refuse was that the officer is not satisfied that i will leave Canada after my visit ending. this has been concluded as result of the following reasons;

1) current immigration status
2) Family ties
3) Travel history

i've applied from UK and my status is student with a valid visa for other 7 months and the application package included University Letter declaring my status
. about my sister i have involved invitation letter indicated the reason of the visit which is to visit my sister during chrismets holiday. for the travels i have provided my passport and listing out my travels during last 5 years including 14 travel trip to Europe countries.

i would your help to share with me how to change the conditions in order to re-apply and get the visa.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
bzaghwan said:
1) current immigration status
Nothing much you can do about this. You are on a temporary status on your country of residence. Usually CIC doesn't like this too much.

bzaghwan said:
2) Family ties
CIC is worried you are coming here to stay. They are worried that as you have a sister in here you are using her as an excuse, as you are finishing your studies soon and it is time to look for a job (Canadian). You need to provide strong evidence that it is not the case, like:

1) Letter from university stating that conditions and dates for the next year (if you are expected to get a new permit, when you are expected to come back, scholarships, lease agreements for place to stay etc.)
2) A letter from your supervisor teacher or whatever that shows you have ongoing buisness there and that you are expected to come back.
3) Any plans you have for your future, basically you have to convince CIC your future does not include Canada.

bzaghwan said:
3) Travel history
Show trips of the same length and on similar conditions to places that need Visas, like the USA. Europe is not such a good evidence, as once there you can use the same paperwork to travel around.

IMO the real trouble is (1) you are in a stage (finishing your studies) that red flags you as a potential immigrant looking for a job taking advantage of your family in here. You have to convince CIC that is not the case.

Good luck.

Azad2020

Star Member
Nov 27, 2015
Kathmandu,Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
CVAC Kathmandu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hope to visit soon
Jalex23 said:
Nothing much you can do about this. You are on a temporary status on your country of residence. Usually CIC doesn't like this too much.

CIC is worried you are coming here to stay. They are worried that as you have a sister in here you are using her as an excuse, as you are finishing your studies soon and it is time to look for a job (Canadian). You need to provide strong evidence that it is not the case, like:

1) Letter from university stating that conditions and dates for the next year (if you are expected to get a new permit, when you are expected to come back, scholarships, lease agreements for place to stay etc.)
2) A letter from your supervisor teacher or whatever that shows you have ongoing buisness there and that you are expected to come back.
3) Any plans you have for your future, basically you have to convince CIC your future does not include Canada.

Show trips of the same length and on similar conditions to places that need Visas, like the USA. Europe is not such a good evidence, as once there you can use the same paperwork to travel around.

IMO the real trouble is (1) you are in a stage (finishing your studies) that red flags you as a potential immigrant looking for a job taking advantage of your family in here. You have to convince CIC that is not the case.

Good luck.
Yea,it's universal truth that earlier USA tour or valid US Visa would be more fruitful to obtain Canadian Visitor Visa.