+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusal of spouse file under R205 c(ii) your spouse is no longer a full time student in a qualifying program at a DLI

Sep 24, 2022
I had applied my husband's file, but it is refused under R 205 c(ii) with reason your spouse is no longer a full time student in a qualifying program at a DLI in Canada if you know what that mean please let me know

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I had applied my husband's file, but it is refused under R 205 c(ii) with reason your spouse is no longer a full time student in a qualifying program at a DLI in Canada if you know what that mean please let me know
It means what it says. Did you provide receipts/letters that you are a full time student? What program & DLI? When does you graduate?

Sep 24, 2022
It means what it says. Did you provide receipts/letters that you are a full time student? What program & DLI? When does you graduate?
thank you for replying yes I provided all the information with LOA and Fee receipts my program is web design and DLI on offer letter is
O19338326485 but DLI on cic website is 0246881964376 I will graduate on 1 June 2023

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
thank you for replying yes I provided all the information with LOA and Fee receipts my program is web design and DLI on offer letter is
O19338326485 but DLI on cic website is 0246881964376 I will graduate on 1 June 2023
So are you in taking a DEP at CDI. The issue, other than choosing one of the worst schools in the country, is that the school will not longer accept PGWPs after 2023 and was suspended in 2020. What is the exact program you are taking? What will you graduate with - DEP, ACS? So getting a SOWP will be a challenge.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2022
So are you in taking a DEP at CDI. The issue, other than choosing one of the worst schools in the country, is that the school will not longer accept PGWPs after 2023 and was suspended in 2020. What is the exact program you are taking? What will you graduate with - DEP, ACS? So getting a SOWP will be a challenge.
yes I understand Its Attestation of College studies ( AEC)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Well that is another reason SOWP was refused...less than 6 months on your visa.
Would assume that this is the primary reason for refusal. By the time the spouse got the SOWP the student visa would be expired. Until the study permit extension is approved it will be difficult, if not impossible, to get an SOWP.

When are you scheduled to graduate? It may make sense to only apply for SOWP once you apply for PGWP and have a job in NOC 0, A or B. By the time you get approved for a study permit extension and if your program ends in Spring 2023 there isn’t much time to get approved.

@Jaspreetkaurkaur would really suggest you appply for a study permit extension asap if you haven’t already. It take months to process and some end up graduating without getting their study permit extension creating delays in being able to apply for PGWP.