+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusal of canada visa - Need clarification

Apr 27, 2017
I am Saravanakumar, myself and my colleague Mr.C.Radhakrishanan have planned to visit Canada for short term Collaborative research activity for three months with reference to the Invitation letter received from an university. The invitation letter clearly stated that this research activity is purely a collaborative research and there is no salary involved and accommodation will be taken care of university.
In this regard, we have been applied for Canada visa (Visitor) with same set of necessary supporting documents. My visa got refused and advised me to apply for work permit.
In addition, the Visa application for Radhakrishnan got sanctioned as visitor visa.We have contacted the university officials regarding this issue. They replied that this visit is not on salary basis or employment category.
In connection with this I request you any one counsel me to apply whether visitor (or) worker visa.

:) - Saravanakumar

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

You must apply for a work permit as an academic/researcher even though you will not be paid any salary. This would be a closed work permit exempt from LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).

For the application, you must also include details about the type of research you intend to undertake in Canada, how this collaborative research will benefit your academic studies in your home country, how you were selected for this opportunity, accommodation will be provided by the Canadian university, etc

Cheers