+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusal of BOWP

rishi2018

Dec 26, 2018
Hi guys i am i need of urgent help here. I applied for BOWP on September 29 i got a refusal on December 5 at that time my PGWP was already expired now they ask me to do a closed workpermit with my employer my employer has refused to go though that ordeal now i am lost about what shall i do i already have my PR file submitted in April 2018 they are doing background checks i went through the MPNP program and my PNP was not employer restricted. i only have 60 days left with me i need urgent advise please help

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa
What reason they gave when refusing your BOWP ?
Hi guys i am i need of urgent help here. I applied for BOWP on September 29 i got a refusal on December 5 at that time my PGWP was already expired now they ask me to do a closed workpermit with my employer my employer has refused to go though that ordeal now i am lost about what shall i do i already have my PR file submitted in April 2018 they are doing background checks i went through the MPNP program and my PNP was not employer restricted. i only have 60 days left with me i need urgent advise please help

rishi2018

Dec 26, 2018
they did not recieve my PNP document and the document which states that i already sent in my application for PR with the file number

shannonxtreme

Aug 25, 2018
Markham, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Markham
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-06-2019
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Med's Done....
30-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2020
LANDED..........
13-03-2020
So they lost the documents you sent with your application?
Looks like either Canada Post or IRCC misplaced the nomination letter and AOR...that's messed up. Is there a precedent for this that an expert like @legaleagle knows of?

rishi2018

Dec 26, 2018
I tried calling every one they say now you can either apply for a visitor or a student or a work permit but you need an employer (can be any )to pay the compliance fee for you and put up a job offer on their portal

rishi2018

Dec 26, 2018
Canada post was on strike and my mistake was i listened to a friend and sent a regular mail so i doent even have tracking and as soon as the strike

AThind

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have you PR Application Number with you, then you can submit new Work Permit application. Even if you don't have to. If your PR file is being processed you can stay as long as the decision has not made yet. You can keep working with same employer, they can't kick you out, if they do you have rights to complain about them. So again, you do not need to worry while your PR file is being processed.

Reactions: Prasad001

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
If you have you PR Application Number with you, then you can submit new Work Permit application. Even if you don't have to. If your PR file is being processed you can stay as long as the decision has not made yet. You can keep working with same employer, they can't kick you out, if they do you have rights to complain about them. So again, you do not need to worry while your PR file is being processed.
Stop giving out false information. You apparently don't have a clue what you are saying.
1. OP can no longer apply for a new BOWP now as his PGWP has already expired.
2. Having a PR application in progress does NOT give you legal status in Canada. You still need to hold a valid study permit, work permit, visitor record or be under implied status in order to stay in Canada.

@rishi2018 You can either apply to restore your status as a visitor or leave Canada. You need to stop working immediately if you have not done so. You should've already stopped working from Dec 5. I'm not familiar with MPNP but you should also look into whether losing employment or leaving Canada would have any repercussion on your nomination

Last edited:

rishi2018

Dec 26, 2018
Yes its true i cant work so i stopped it that very moment now i reached out to cic they said if i can get an employer to do the compliance thing for me then i can reapply for a closed work permit or as a visitor but my concern is if i apply for visitor the conditions of my mpnp may not be fulfilled and they may revoke my nomination on m

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Yes its true i cant work so i stopped it that very moment now i reached out to cic they said if i can get an employer to do the compliance thing for me then i can reapply for a closed work permit or as a visitor but my concern is if i apply for visitor the conditions of my mpnp may not be fulfilled and they may revoke my nomination on m
Even if your employer is willing help it's probably going to take more than 60 days to get a LMIA and a closed work permit for you.
You are out of status in Canada now. Do you understand how serious this is? You need to restore your status first.

AThind

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stop giving out false information. You apparently don't have a clue what you are saying.
1. OP can no longer apply for a new BOWP now as his PGWP has already expired.
2. Having a PR application in progress does NOT give you legal status in Canada. You still need to hold a valid study permit, work permit, visitor record or be under implied status in order to stay in Canada.

@rishi2018 You can either apply to restore your status as a visitor or leave Canada. You need to stop working immediately if you have not done so. You should've already stopped working from Dec 5. I'm not familiar with MPNP but you should also look into whether losing employment or leaving Canada would have any repercussion on your nomination
For your information, i was in the same boat once. Mine PGWP was expired and my PR application was in process. I had my application submitted for Work Permit extension. I even went to Port of Entry to get my Work Permit. I went through all possible steps available so I can keep my status Legal here.
The "False information" that you think i gave, i got it from CIC. Also, I'm taking the Immigration Practitioner Course so i will not pass the wrong information to those who are in need.

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
For your information, i was in the same boat once. Mine PGWP was expired and my PR application was in process. I had my application submitted for Work Permit extension. I even went to Port of Entry to get my Work Permit. I went through all possible steps available so I can keep my status Legal here.
The "False information" that you think i gave, i got it from CIC. Also, I'm taking the Immigration Practitioner Course so i will not pass the wrong information to those who are in need.
You can't apply for a BOWP if you PGWP is expired and you are out of status, PERIOD.
Read IRCC website. "you have valid status on your work permit". Plain and simple
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

I don't care what course you are taking. Stop putting out BS and putting people's life in jeopardy. How about you presenting this thread to your instructor next time you go to your class and see what he says.

Last edited: