+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusal before biometrics deadline

siyaksharifi

Nov 19, 2023
Hi Folks. my parents had applied for a TRV visa and received a Biometric letter but could not give biometrics in the first 30 days but sent a web form before the deadline, described the situation, and requested for an extension. There is no Biometrics office inside Iran and they had to Travel to Turkiye. They requested an extension by webform and received another letter mentioning their Biometrics extended till May 26. They set a biometric appointment for May 22nd (tomorrow) at Istanbul VAC and now they are in Istanbul for tomorrow's appointment but they received a refusal letter Generic mentioning in their profile :

• You have not complied with our request for information, per subsection 16(1) of the IRPA. To date, you have failed to comply with our request for photographic and fingerprint evidence.

Could you please advise?

I am afraid they will be prevented from giving biometrics tomorrow. They paid for the flight and hotel and already are in the hotel for tomorrow's appointment at VAC.

Regards

CanGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2024
Ottawa
But they definitely need to submit their biometrics .

Then submit your biometrics receipt, the extension letter and some letter of explanation via the form.

It might work.

siyaksharifi

Nov 19, 2023
Thanks for your response.

The application Status:

A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below.

Latest update:

Review of eligibility We regret to inform you that you do not meet the eligibility requirements. Please see the final decision below.

I will send the web form but my concern is tomorrow. I am wondering if they will be able to give biometrics tomorrow? Is it possible the VAC refuses to get biometrics?

Their biometric letter has time until 2024-05-26.

Thanks in advance

siyaksharifi

Nov 19, 2023
Thanks a lot for your response and your nice wish.

for sure they will try. They traveled to Turkiye only for this reason.

Regards

mahsakh

May 10, 2024
As an Iranian-Canadian, I can definitely understand how frustrating this situation is for your parents. I highly doubt they would be refused the opportunity to provide biometrics if you've already paid the fees. If the IRCC doesn't agree to reopen their application, they will still have their biometrics ready, and you can reapply. I hope everything goes well for them..

siyaksharifi

Nov 19, 2023
As an Iranian-Canadian, I can definitely understand how frustrating this situation is for your parents. I highly doubt they would be refused the opportunity to provide biometrics if you've already paid the fees. If the IRCC doesn't agree to reopen their application, they will still have their biometrics ready, and you can reapply. I hope everything goes well for them..

siyaksharifi

Nov 19, 2023
Thanks a lot. Exactly you hit the point.

The fee has been paid and the due date is May 26. Means they still have 5 days.

As you mentioned about the chalenge of giving biometric for iranian i should mention that Just a biometric travel in a basic hotel cost 1500 $ for them. Apart from getting days off of the work. Since my yonger brother acompany them for their travel but i do not think they let him go inside the VAC office to discuss if needed

I just hope they manage to give biometrics tomorrow then we will find a solution for the next step.

I am afraid a bit about tomorrow since my parents are not good at english neither familiar about the application process to discuss with biometric officer about this special case.

Regards

Last edited:
Reactions: mahsakh

siyaksharifi

Nov 19, 2023
Hi Folks.

My Parents did Biometrics yesterday and the confirmation was received today by Email. ( they extended their biometric once)
Although the biometrics deadline was May 26 they received a refusal Email yesterday mentioning:

• You have not complied with our request for information, per subsection 16(1) of the IRPA. To date, you have failed to comply with our request for photographic and fingerprint evidence.

There should have been a mistake by the Visa office since they still had time and shouldn't have been refused. I need to know in this step how may I request for a reopening of the case or a reconsideration. Should I send a web form? what should be the subject of the web form? or any other advice will be highly appreciated.

Regards

siyaksharifi

Nov 19, 2023
Hi dear

As mentioned before my parents gave their biometrics at Istanbul VAC on May 22. As their application had been refused one day before giving the biometrics, I sent a webform on May 24 and explained that they already had time to give biometrics. also attached the biometrics confirmation. Now I noticed I was refunded by Immigration Canada on May 28. the amount is 170C$. what is the reason for this refund and could you please advise?

Regards

sarfath

Jun 8, 2024
I have applied for the visit visa on 28-05-2024 and completed the payment. Send me application confirmation form and payment confirmation
Even after receiving the receipt, they still have not given me the biometric instruction letter.