Refusal/appeal death certificate

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
I have been on the appeal thread but cant really find advice with my specific needs.
My husband previously was murdered in 2015. I am now remarried and sponsoring my husband to canada.
We were refused. The refusal letter states that after meeting my current husband, i married someone else and divorced then married my current husband. Not true.
The appeals letter (from IAD) states that they believe i was still married when marrying my current husband, which i can only think that because i did not give the death certificate for my deceased husband.
I have tried for 4 years to get the death certificate but have not been able to. For violent deaths, the process is different. I have to go to the coroners court in person in jamaica, have the police file transferred to the court, then start the application to receive a form D. With that form, i can then go register the death.
I just recently went back to jamaica to do this. I got a certified copy of the application for form d, but its still in judges chambers and will be for a couple more weeks.
Heres the problem. The IAD is asking for proof that im not married to anyone else (the death certificate) by the 16th for a mediation. Do i submit the certified copy of application and hope they will use that? I want to do this asap but not sure if i should wait until a few days before my deadline to see if by God we get the death certificate?
Has anyone gone thru this because of a certificate before?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

I have been on the appeal thread but cant really find advice with my specific needs.
My husband previously was murdered in 2015. I am now remarried and sponsoring my husband to canada.
We were refused. The refusal letter states that after meeting my current husband, i married someone else and divorced then married my current husband. Not true.
The appeals letter (from IAD) states that they believe i was still married when marrying my current husband, which i can only think that because i did not give the death certificate for my deceased husband.
I have tried for 4 years to get the death certificate but have not been able to. For violent deaths, the process is different. I have to go to the coroners court in person in jamaica, have the police file transferred to the court, then start the application to receive a form D. With that form, i can then go register the death.
I just recently went back to jamaica to do this. I got a certified copy of the application for form d, but its still in judges chambers and will be for a couple more weeks.
Heres the problem. The IAD is asking for proof that im not married to anyone else (the death certificate) by the 16th for a mediation. Do i submit the certified copy of application and hope they will use that? I want to do this asap but not sure if i should wait until a few days before my deadline to see if by God we get the death certificate?
Has anyone gone thru this because of a certificate before?
1. You need the death certificate, nothing else will do.

Reactions: msb