+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refund in 6 MONTHS !!!

CK1

Jun 6, 2008
Received letter December 21st to say they will not be processing our application because our occupations are not on the "38". To add insult to injury they tell us we can expect a refund of our cheque within 6 MONTHS!!! Not even a "Thank You" for allowing them earn a year's interest on our money. Just think about it....900,000 applications waiting to be processed - all of which would have paid C$550 - some of which have been in the queue for 4 years - just how much money have they made on us for doing absolutely nothing. If they could get a letter to us within a month of issuing their list, why could they not process a cheque & include it with the letter?? It's just not right!

manuwhiff

Dec 5, 2008
India
CK1 said:
Received letter December 21st to say they will not be processing our application because our occupations are not on the "38". To add insult to injury they tell us we can expect a refund of our cheque within 6 MONTHS!!! Not even a "Thank You" for allowing them earn a year's interest on our money. Just think about it....900,000 applications waiting to be processed - all of which would have paid C$550 - some of which have been in the queue for 4 years - just how much money have they made on us for doing absolutely nothing. If they could get a letter to us within a month of issuing their list, why could they not process a cheque & include it with the letter?? It's just not right!
hi,
can you tell me certain questions
when did you lodged your Canadian immigration?
in which visa office you lodged you application and ur NOC code and when you received letter from from visa officer that ur occupation is not in 38 list
pls reply

tanya321

Nov 16, 2008
Ck1 sorry about what happened into your application. But don't give any half-truth nor baseless information in this forum.

Your application was lodge after the February 28, 2008 which was the borderline date for the new rules that includes 38 occupations. You knew from the very beginning that your occupation is not on that list. So why complain?!

Those applications that were lodged prior to February 28, 2008 will be evaluated based on the rules prior to February 28, 2008. The occupations of those applications that were lodged prior to February 28, 2008 need not to be in the 38 occupations that only took effect on February 28, 2008.

Get your facts straight before you post misleading statements !

hicham437

Star Member
Dec 28, 2008
I applied on the 22 last may, I am still waiting and I am wondering whether I am gonna be waiting forever. they adviced me not to contact them, what should I do as I am planning to change my address?

Thanks in Advance

Kubik

Dec 1, 2008
tanya321 said:
Ck1 sorry about what happened into your application. But don't give any half-truth nor baseless information in this forum.

Your application was lodge after the February 28, 2008 which was the borderline date for the new rules that includes 38 occupations. You knew from the very beginning that your occupation is not on that list. So why complain?!

Those applications that were lodged prior to February 28, 2008 will be evaluated based on the rules prior to February 28, 2008. The occupations of those applications that were lodged prior to February 28, 2008 need not to be in the 38 occupations that only took effect on February 28, 2008.

Get your facts straight before you post misleading statements !
Tanya, how could he have known that he was not in the list of 38 "from the very beginning" when that list was declared only one month ago? The new rules cover the applications submitted from 28-Feb-08 and on, that's correct, but they announced the list almost 10-months later.

CK1

Jun 6, 2008
Jeez Tanya - lighten up! What half truths or baseless information did I give??? I applied to the London office March 21st 2008 at which time no-one knew what the changes were going to be ! Until the list was issued I had no way of knowing if my occupation would be on the list. While I am disappointed that my application has been returned it in no way means I will not gain entry to Canada at some stage. While my occupation may not be on the list, it does not stop me getting a job on a Work Permit and applying from within Canada after a year (I think I have my facts right !). I also have more than enough points, having worked there previously and with family there also. So I am not bemoaning the fact that my application has been returned, I was merely stating that it is unfair that I should have to wait 6 months for a refund of my fee and questioned why it could not have been returned with the letter ! Thanks for coming to my defence Rupeshari. Happy New Year to you all.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maybe you should be happy they are refunding it at all. Immigration is not exactly known for good service and it's not like they have any competition.

hicham437

Star Member
Dec 28, 2008
Good Answer Leon, also they are not fexible and some times they just like to make it hrd on you. A friend of had his application returned because the fee was a $10 extra; He sent another money order with the exact amout but he missed it bu one week and his name is on the new list so he is waiting for his refund again. What a delimma.

casky

Dec 3, 2008
Leon said:
Maybe you should be happy they are refunding it at all. Immigration is not exactly known for good service and it's not like they have any competition.
You said it!

eduardoF

Oct 15, 2008
Leon said:
didn't they change the rules because they were losing all the good emigrants to australia?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eduardoF said:
didn't they change the rules because they were losing all the good emigrants to australia?
Did they? I thought the problem was that they are not getting the high priority immigrants in fast enough because they are waiting in line behind all the other ones.

ss123

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
I think it is competition when Alberta govt. launches a PNP scheme targeting US H1B holders, organizes seminars in Philadelphia and other cities in USA (a competing country for the same people) to encourage H1B holders to move to Alberta saying they will not have to worry about work permit expiry date because they will have permanent residency in 9 months.

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/campaigns/h1b.html

Canada needs immigrants in particular areas (more demand, less supply internally within Canada) and hence the 38 NOCs. Besides they have not stopped immigration in other categories. People can still come to Canada thro' PNPs or arranged employment in other NOCs.

Economists would also support the 38 NOC idea. Theory of comparative advantage in Econ 101 says a country should try to be good in few areas and not in all areas. eg China in manufacturing, US in innovation/design, India in IT/services, Japan in autos.....

( Discalimer: I donot qualify under the 38 NOCs, my wife does..... even though I believe I have more overall qualification and education!! )

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think some of the H1B people come because of security too. I've seen people saying that it takes too long to get PR in the US and it's not a lot of security to be on a temporary visa which might not be renewed at some point, especially once you have a family. Canada will give you PR more easily and you can stay forever. That counts for something too.