+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refund and Changing College

ashrut05

Jul 16, 2020
Hello guys,
I initially applied to Conestoga College for a one year program in May 2020 intake. I received the offer letter, paid my fees, got my study permit and my passport stamped before March 18th. Then, due to the whole COVID-19 situation I had to defer to September 2020 intake. So, last month I applied to a 2 year program in Centennial College and got offer letter yesterday. Is it possible that Conestoga College will give me full refund? If so, what reason should I give the college for my withdrawal?
The main problem is that both semesters of my one year program in Conestoga will be online. So this program basically becomes useless since I would miss the interpersonal touch of on-campus studies. On the other hand there is a very high chance that I will be able to attend the on-campus classes for my 2 year course in Centennial College so, that I can pay my fees to study there instead which I would prefer.

Reactions: suhelm

Navkaran

Star Member
Jul 19, 2019
You can look up Conestoga's refund policy yourself and ask. No guarantees you'll get one.
Hello guys,
I initially applied to Conestoga College for a one year program in May 2020 intake. I received the offer letter, paid my fees, got my study permit and my passport stamped before March 18th. Then, due to the whole COVID-19 situation I had to defer to September 2020 intake. So, last month I applied to a 2 year program in Centennial College and got offer letter yesterday. Is it possible that Conestoga College will give me full refund? If so, what reason should I give the college for my withdrawal?
The main problem is that both semesters of my one year program in Conestoga will be online. So this program basically becomes useless since I would miss the interpersonal touch of on-campus studies. On the other hand there is a very high chance that I will be able to attend the on-campus classes for my 2 year course in Centennial College so, that I can pay my fees to study there instead which I would prefer.
They will deduct 1500 dollars from your fees.

Luck587

Jan 25, 2019
Even if you are able to change, would that have any affect on your visa or study permit? Do you have to re-apply? Actually I am also trying to change college but I am bit confused if I would face any problems while landing in canada why I changed it or

ashrut05

Jul 16, 2020
They will deduct 1500 dollars from your fees.
Thank You for your replies. Is there any reason I can give them due to COVID-19 so that this amount is not deducted? Because, my course is only 1 year and it is possible that my home country doesn't lift the travel restrictions so I won't be able to complete more that 50% of my course from within Canada.

Last edited:

ashrut05

Jul 16, 2020
Even if you are able to change, would that have any affect on your visa or study permit? Do you have to re-apply? Actually I am also trying to change college but I am bit confused if I would face any problems while landing in canada why I changed it or
There should be no effect on the visa and/or the study permit. But you do have to inform IRCC that you have changed the course/college.