+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refund - Advice Needed

marcm

Jul 8, 2015
I applied for Citizenship along with my wife in May 2015. Her application was not accepted as it was incorrectly filled out, and was returned. Since then the law changed and she's not eligible to apply for Citizenship just yet.

I began the refund process to get a refund for her application in July (we had 2 payments on the same receipt), meanwhile my application has since become Decision Made.

I've called CIC dozens of times to check on the status of the refund. They've constantly been telling me that it'll be next month, or the month after and their dates on how long the refund could take keep moving.

The latest situation (in February) was that I was told that the call centre had sent a note to the processing office to speed up the refund process. I was told to call back if I haven't heard anything my April 8th.

April came and I called and was told that it's actually May 8th that I can call back if I have yet to receive the refund. Though some call centre agents have said that I won't receive the refund for my wife's application until MY citizenship is granted.

This is crazy, it's nearly a year now, and it's rather a large sum of money that they're holding on to for seemingly no reason.

What should I do? I feel like they keep fobbing me off