+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee's dependant family members visiting home country

Aizaz324

Jul 8, 2018
Hi
My question is if I can travel back to home country. Basically my parents applied for refugee status in Canada on september,2012. I was 14 year old at that time and was a dependant child with them. Now I have received my PR card and was wondering if I could travel back to my home country without any problems from immigration canada.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
My question is if I can travel back to home country. Basically my parents applied for refugee status in Canada on september,2012. I was 14 year old at that time and was a dependant child with them. Now I have received my PR card and was wondering if I could travel back to my home country without any problems from immigration canada.
Something to be clarified. Were you with your parents in Canada when they have applied for a refugee status? If yes they would have to apply on your behalf as well. In that case travelling back to your home country or using your home country passport is a reavaliement and you could loose your PR status.

Only if you were not with them and they have added you to their PR application later and you traveled there later on, you do not have that condition.