+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee

Jst101

Mar 13, 2021
Hello,

I am a refugee claimant awaiting my hearing, my initial work permit expired in December 2020, I had applied for a renewal back on 11 November 2020 after I got an automated email back stating I could work for my same employer till March 11, 2021 since it takes them 5 months for processing.

I haven't received anything from cic and am concerned as my employer asked me for a new work permit or he would have to fire me, I called Cic and couldn't get to an agent and the machine said my file is still in process.

Is there anything I could do to keep my job , am starting to worry if Cic will cancel my extension. Anyone has same problem.

Pls help.

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
Hello,

I am a refugee claimant awaiting my hearing, my initial work permit expired in December 2020, I had applied for a renewal back on 11 November 2020 after I got an automated email back stating I could work for my same employer till March 11, 2021 since it takes them 5 months for processing.

I haven't received anything from cic and am concerned as my employer asked me for a new work permit or he would have to fire me, I called Cic and couldn't get to an agent and the machine said my file is still in process.

Is there anything I could do to keep my job , am starting to worry if Cic will cancel my extension. Anyone has same problem.

Pls help.
It is weird they are taking that long and they did not extend yours at least for a year!
I have extended Work Permits belonging to two of my friends in November and they got their approval under 20 days and one of them got her paper work permit by mail a week after that renewed for 2 years. The other person only received online approval for 1 year but nothing in the mail yet.
I recommend calling cic and definitely talk to an agent! Also google "cic webform" and send them a webform and explain your situation.
Do not worry! They must approve and extend your WP because you are entitled to one even after getting a positive decision in your future hearing and until you get your PR!

Jst101

Mar 13, 2021
It is weird they are taking that long and they did not extend yours at least for a year!
I have extended Work Permits belonging to two of my friends in November and they got their approval under 20 days and one of them got her paper work permit by mail a week after that renewed for 2 years. The other person only received online approval for 1 year but nothing in the mail yet.
I recommend calling cic and definitely talk to an agent! Also google "cic webform" and send them a webform and explain your situation.
Do not worry! They must approve and extend your WP because you are entitled to one even after getting a positive decision in your future hearing and until you get your PR!
Hi,

I tried called Cic multiple times but it's not letting me talk to an agent , the machine asks me for my application number and says my file is still in processing and hangs up.

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
Hi,

I tried called Cic multiple times but it's not letting me talk to an agent , the machine asks me for my application number and says my file is still in processing and hangs up.
Call 1-888-242-2100 , from within Canada only, Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm local time, except for statutory holidays). To speak to an agent, navigate through the automated messages by pressing 3-4-1-0.

Jst101

Mar 13, 2021
Call 1-888-242-2100 , from within Canada only, Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm local time, except for statutory holidays). To speak to an agent, navigate through the automated messages by pressing 3-4-1-0.
Hi, I spoke to an agent today and she told me my application is still in process , I can still keep working for my employer till a decision is made as I am under implied status, but she couldn't tell me anything about when I would get an answer, ita been 6 months waiting for an extension

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
Hi, I spoke to an agent today and she told me my application is still in process , I can still keep working for my employer till a decision is made as I am under implied status, but she couldn't tell me anything about when I would get an answer, ita been 6 months waiting for an extension
I am happy that I could provide you with a series of numbers to press and finally reach an agent.
She said the truth so go on with your work and just wait.
Good luck