+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee welfare facilities

Hassan_sardar33

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
Hello, i just claim here in canada as refugee. Can anyone tell me how much money canadian govt give to person who claim refugee. And which facilities he/she can avail. And for how long this welfare facility will be provided to refugee

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello, i just claim here in canada as refugee. Can anyone tell me how much money canadian govt give to person who claim refugee. And which facilities he/she can avail. And for how long this welfare facility will be provided to refugee
1. You apply through the Province where you are living. The current rate in Ontario for a single person is $721.00 per month.
2. You have to apply for a work permit. Soon as you start working, welfare ends.
3. Entitled to health care and that is about it.

Hassan_sardar33

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
Hi

1. You apply through the Province where you are living. The current rate in Ontario for a single person is $721.00 per month.
2. You have to apply for a work permit. Soon as you start working, welfare ends.
3. Entitled to health care and that is about it.
And what about childrens which are under 18. They will give them same money per month as adult or they will not give to childrens.

Hassan_sardar33

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You do not qualify for Ontario works if you have your own savings even quite minimal savings. The welfare program is only in place who don't have access to other means to support themsleves. Not sure of the whole process but you need to prove that you lack the ability to support yourself to qualify.

There seems to be an assumption that everyone answering questions is a man on this forum.

Reactions: Will_PA