+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee waiting 1st hearing from December 2022

Aliya_izat

Star Member
Apr 12, 2023
Hi, I came through US-Canada border and applied refugee on 4 December then from montreal moved to Alberta did my medical examination and submitted BOC on 26th December. Received online application status change as “data entry” on 17th January but no response after that. Called the IRCC and they asked me to wait. Please someone help me to understand if there’s long waiting based on my entry date in Canada and what are the steps after medical test and boc submission. Thanking you in advance.

Chimurenga 4

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Hi there I’m sure they will communicate soon. Don’t worry. Is this the eligibility hearing or the final hearing? Well if it’s any consolation I got my hearing after a 3 year wait . Thankfully everything went well and now I’m waiting for my PR.

Aliya_izat

Star Member
Apr 12, 2023
Thank you for your reply. Actually, I don’t know anything about eligibility interview or what is 1st/2nd hearing. I came through border of usa and i was advised to submit online the boc form and medical test. Please can you help me to understand what is the process in general as i am still waiting for brown paper and I believe that’s called the 1st interview when we get the brown paper then wait for work permit and the final hearing??? Could you please explain… i am so thankful to you.

itzdrmac

Star Member
Feb 15, 2021
it means u came through irregular border that is roxham road not the regular border so you will have eligibility interview after that u will get brown paper...yoi chose irregular border because u did not have any relative in canada am i right?

Aliya_izat

Star Member
Apr 12, 2023
Hi there I’m sure they will communicate soon. Don’t worry. Is this the eligibility hearing or the final hearing? Well if it’s any consolation I got my hearing after a 3 year wait . Thankfully everything went well and now I’m waiting for my PR.
Thank you for your reply. Actually, I don’t know anything about eligibility interview or what is 1st/2nd hearing. I came through border of usa and i was advised to submit online the boc form and medical test. Please can you help me to understand what is the process in general as i am still waiting for brown paper and I believe that’s called the 1st interview when we get the brown paper then wait for work permit and the final hearing??? Could you please explain… i am so thankful to you.

Aliya_izat

Star Member
Apr 12, 2023
it means u came through irregular border that is roxham road not the regular border so you will have eligibility interview after that u will get brown paper...yoi chose irregular border because u did not have any relative in canada am i right?
That’s correct nobody here in Canada. That’s why this form is helpful because don’t know where to get information about brown paper and interview process. Can you help me to explain what is the process after medical test then waiting for brown paper but after that don’t know anything and it’s confusing.

itzdrmac

Star Member
Feb 15, 2021
you should first getba lawyer who can help u with Boc the most important part. After your first interview and biometrics u will get your brown paper. Then long wait till u get a hearing date

Aliya_izat

Star Member
Apr 12, 2023
you should first getba lawyer who can help u with Boc the most important part. After your first interview and biometrics u will get your brown paper. Then long wait till u get a hearing date
BOC was already submitted on 26th December and waiting on brown paper that means as you explained the 1st hearing after which i get the brown paper then 2nd hearing will anyways take time but at least after brown paper I can start looking for job?

Reactions: itzdrmac

itzdrmac

Star Member
Feb 15, 2021
BOC was already submitted on 26th December and waiting on brown paper that means as you explained the 1st hearing after which i get the brown paper then 2nd hearing will anyways take time but at least after brown paper I can start looking for job?
yes for some people brown paper even takes years

Aliya_izat

Star Member
Apr 12, 2023
Hi, I came through US-Canada border and applied refugee on 4 December then from montreal moved to Alberta did my medical examination and submitted BOC on 26th December. Received online application status change as “data entry” on 17th January but no response after that. Called the IRCC and they asked me to wait. Please someone help me to understand if there’s long waiting based on my entry date in Canada and what are the steps after medical test and boc submission. Thanking you in advance.
Can someone please help to understand how long it takes to get brown paper and what are next steps. Thanking you all in advance

Nyathira

Star Member
Nov 17, 2022
Category........
Other
Can someone please help to understand how long it takes to get brown paper and what are next steps. Thanking you all in advance
After your medical and if you pass the medical check on your online application they should have sent you the interview for bio-metrics. These days it doesn't take that long. On your second interview, one gets the brown paper but your work permit comes after that interview {if you indicated on your application that you need a work permit}. But it doesn't take that long.

Aliya_izat

Star Member
Apr 12, 2023
After your medical and if you pass the medical check on your online application they should have sent you the interview for bio-metrics. These days it doesn't take that long. On your second interview, one gets the brown paper but your work permit comes after that interview {if you indicated on your application that you need a work permit}. But it doesn't take that long.
I received work permit on 29th march but no update on hearing or biometrics. I gave biometrics during border crossing when they took my passport maybe because of that but nothing online as it still says “data entry”. Don’t understand the process and what will be next steps.