+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee travel document

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hi guys I am applying for rtd. I have questions. Thank you for your help.

***Do you have any valid travel document or passport from any country other than Canada?????
I said NO for this question.

***Have you, since your date of entry to Canada, applied for a passport or travel document (or renewal of such a document) from your country of origin or
citizenship?

No, provide a detailed explanation of your reasons for not applying ?????

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Hi guys I am applying for rtd. I have questions. Thank you for your help.

***Do you have any valid travel document or passport from any country other than Canada?????
I said NO for this question.

***Have you, since your date of entry to Canada, applied for a passport or travel document (or renewal of such a document) from your country of origin or
citizenship?

No, provide a detailed explanation of your reasons for not applying ?????
Do you have any valid travel document or passport from any country other than Canada
if you have a valid (not expired) passport from your country of origin, then you have to say YES to this question (even if you do not have it with you because IRCC took it when you applied for asylum). I added an explanation stating my country, issue date of passport and that it was seized by IRCC and I attached the notice of seizure

Have you, since your date of entry to Canada, applied for a passport or travel document (or renewal of such a document) from your country of origin or citizenship

I said NO and the explanation is that "I have claimed asylum from my country of citizenship"

Reactions: Canadian_rainbow

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Do you have any valid travel document or passport from any country other than Canada
if you have a valid (not expired) passport from your country of origin, then you have to say YES to this question (even if you do not have it with you because IRCC took it when you applied for asylum). I added an explanation stating my country, issue date of passport and that it was seized by IRCC and I attached the notice of seizure

Have you, since your date of entry to Canada, applied for a passport or travel document (or renewal of such a document) from your country of origin or citizenship
I said NO and the explanation is that "I have claimed asylum from my country of citizenship"
Thank you so much for your help

Reactions: ref19to22

Nyire

Dec 6, 2022
Hello everyone,

There's something that got me confused, I apply last July for Pr. January 17, I received application number started with "G" my question did they start my application or not? Addition when I checked my online application for permanent residents still show action " View " I thought since they have sent me application number mean they have started and that should change to review. Can someone help me please if he /she has an ideas ?

Reactions: Captain911

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hello everyone,

There's something that got me confused, I apply last July for Pr. January 17, I received application number started with "G" my question did they start my application or not? Addition when I checked my online application for permanent residents still show action " View " I thought since they have sent me application number mean they have started and that should change to review. Can someone help me please if he /she has an ideas ?
This is not right place to ask, sorry.

Sabu61@@

Feb 27, 2023
So what if your passport expired after IRCC seized it? Basically, mine was seized still valid but it got expired eventually after in sept 2022. What do i answer to that question?

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023
Hello everyone,

It shows ‘view’ now there ? Actually i didnt noticed that says view or review. if you have number starting with G it means its in progress. You can link your account On Gcmkey and you can track your application.

Nyire

Dec 6, 2022
It shows ‘view’ now there ? Actually i didnt noticed that says view or review. if you have number starting with G it means its in progress. You can link your account On Gcmkey and you can track your application.
I link the application on Gckey account and it work. It's not working on Client Application Status .do you have any ideas ? I put all the details correct and still not working.

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023
I link the application on Gckey account and it work. It's not working on Client Application Status .do you have any ideas ? I put all the details correct and still not working.
I think you applied online. Clients use that parts who applied by mail. If you are ok with gckey account why you are wondering Ecas? You can see everything in Gckey account. It says it’s processing? And some stages already passed?

Nyire

Dec 6, 2022
I think you applied online. Clients use that parts who applied by mail. If you are ok with gckey account why you are wondering Ecas? You can see everything in Gckey account. It says it’s processing? And some stages already passed?
Someone say if you check on Ecas and doesn't work that mean the process haven't started yet , this what I want to Confirmed here wether it's TRUE.

Reactions: Captain911

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022

Hi!
There are two addresses. Is there any difference? Which one did you send to your documents if you don't mind me to ask? Thank you.

Reactions: ref19to22

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Hi!
There are two addresses. Is there any difference? Which one did you send to your documents if you don't mind me to ask? Thank you.
Of what I understood, the ONTARIO address is for regular mail and the QUEBEC address is for courier.

I would recommend sending it by courier/traceable mail to the QUEBEC address, that is what I did and having the tracking number and delivery confirmation helped me when I was following up with IRCC after sending the application (They asked for the tracking number at some point)

I just used the cheapest option with Canada Post to track the application.

Reactions: Canadian_rainbow

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Of what I understood, the ONTARIO address is for regular mail and the QUEBEC address is for courier.

I would recommend sending it by courier/traceable mail to the QUEBEC address, that is what I did and having the tracking number and delivery confirmation helped me when I was following up with IRCC after sending the application (They asked for the tracking number at some point)

I just used the cheapest option with Canada Post to track the application.
Thank you so much.
I just need to go to the Canada post and tell them I will send this documents to the this address (Quebec) by courier?