+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document

UnRefugiado

Mar 24, 2018
Greetings guys,

I hope everybody is doing great.

This time I’m reaching out some information about the Refugee Travel Document. I want to start the process of it, I already have my notice of decision from IRB. The thing is that I do not have all requirements such as: the guarantor. I was wondering if it is possible to be done in a Notary Public? Picking up the form # PPTC 132 from the Passport Office? What are the steps? How do I do that?

Something else, is that when they say “two personal references neeedes” does it has to be individually each one in each page indicating, for instance: “Me,___________ certify that I personally know UnRefugiado since ______” signed and dated, is this the kind of letter that they are looking for or does it has a different format?

Please, if somebody that has done this in the past and can specifies step by step to do the Travel document, would be great!

Thank you in advance for all the explanation, I’m doing this by myself and since I don’t know any Canadian guarantor with the professions mentioned in the website

Mdx31

Apr 1, 2018
I asked the lawyer that took my refugee case to be my guarantor you should try the same

Nekita

Feb 4, 2019
Good day. I have a question. I have been in Canada over 7 years now. I had my hearing date and was accepted. How ever I did send in my applications for my PR. Now at that time I was waiting for it to be process. Mean will I got my self caught up with the law. And was living with my other half. So I moved from that address. Update my new address. Howeve I call immigration to check my PR status. And was told that some information was needed to complete my PR process. So it was sent back to my old address, some of my documents are missing. What do I need to do? And will my PR take the same time to process after been 7 years in Canada

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
Good day. I have a question. I have been in Canada over 7 years now. I had my hearing date and was accepted. How ever I did send in my applications for my PR. Now at that time I was waiting for it to be process. Mean will I got my self caught up with the law. And was living with my other half. So I moved from that address. Update my new address. Howeve I call immigration to check my PR status. And was told that some information was needed to complete my PR process. So it was sent back to my old address, some of my documents are missing. What do I need to do? And will my PR take the same time to process after been 7 years in Canada
Go back to your old address and see if you have any returned documents from IRCC. Yes, you PR application will be treated like any other protected person applying for PR & take approximately 24 months or less.

I’m assuming you were one of the legacy files that came to Canada before Dec. 2012, right?

Fpas

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Hello! I applied for my refugee travel document last week. I've been more that a week and I haven't hear anything from them. Do somebody know how is the process and how long does it take?

Thank you

Iyad717

Star Member
Jul 1, 2016
Hello! I applied for my refugee travel document last week. I've been more that a week and I haven't hear anything from them. Do somebody know how is the process and how long does it take?

Thank you
Usually 20 business days (Excluding mailing)