+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee travel document (Urgent)

Faisalkhan555

Apr 14, 2020
@Faisalkhan555 today I got this email as a response of my webform and call..

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided. In order to request urgent processing, we require further information.

Therefore, we invite you to resubmit your request by filling out the IRCC Webform and choose Certificate of Identity/Refugee Travel Document in the drop-down menu under the heading Enquiry. Please include the following information:

Surname and complete given name (including middle name, if applicable) - exactly as they appear on the passport or identity document,
Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD),
Client ID Number, UCI or Application Number,
Country of birth,
(mandatory) The reason for the urgency,
(mandatory) Your estimated travel date,
(if applicable) The date on which the application was submitted to IRCC,
(if applicable) The mailing method (courier, Canada Post (registered or regular mail), etc.),
company used,
tracking number, and
Your previous request.
Once we receive the above information, we will gladly forward it to the responsible office.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
Forward them the details as soon as possible in my case they did not ask me anything all i did on my end was that i sent them a letter which i wrote in MS word and since yesterday my application is in queue for printing they have finalized and approved it.

Malikadi007

Sep 8, 2021
Forward them the details as soon as possible in my case they did not ask me anything all i did on my end was that i sent them a letter which i wrote in MS word and since yesterday my application is in queue for printing they have finalized and approved it.
Hello Faisal & All members,

I have applied for Urgent RTD and send by mail, they asked to provide new pictures and I send the pics again,

Now its more then 2 weeks and the call center tells me that my application is on hold, I don't know what's the reason for this?

Can anyone experienced same when applying for travel document?

Reactions: Faisalkhan555

Faisalkhan555

Apr 14, 2020
Hello Faisal & All members,

I have applied for Urgent RTD and send by mail, they asked to provide new pictures and I send the pics again,

Now its more then 2 weeks and the call center tells me that my application is on hold, I don't know what's the reason for this?

Can anyone experienced same when applying for travel document?
They did not ask me for anything i would say to call them and ask them politely and explain them the urgency sometimes the agents are so helpful that's how my agent escalated it

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
They did not ask me for anything i would say to call them and ask them politely and explain them the urgency sometimes the agents are so helpful that's how my agent escalated it
I forwarded them all the details and here is the response

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to advise you that we have forwarded the information to the responsible office.

Please rest assured that you will be notified as soon as the case is finalized or if additional information is required.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

AA94

Jan 16, 2022
How long does it take to receive the email from epost after the IRCC forwards the request? I know they say 5 business days but I haven't received it :( Has anyone gotten it past the 5 days or was my case maybe not sent through..
Anyone??

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I guess no you need PR card to get 5 years RTD
This is not correct. You dont need PR card to reaffirm your permanent resident status. COPR is a proof of permanent residence status. Same way you dont need PR card to apply for Citizenship. You need PR card only if you travel out of Canada. For Protected Person RTD will be enough. So with COPR, you get 5 years validity

Reactions: Faisalkhan555

Faisalkhan555

Apr 14, 2020
This is not correct. You dont need PR card to reaffirm your permanent resident status. COPR is a proof of permanent residence status. Same way you dont need PR card to apply for Citizenship. You need PR card only if you travel out of Canada. For Protected Person RTD will be enough. So with COPR, you get 5 years validity
Maybe I might be wrong but this what one of the applicant’s confirmed that copr is not considered a PR card and can’t apply with COPR as per IRCC. Please go through it
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/rtd-applications-2020.691549/page-6

Cayman

Dec 12, 2021
Hello everyone in this topic,

I have couple of questions, because we want to apply for urgent RTD. Hope my questions and your answers will helpul for everyone.

So me and my partner got our PR on December, no PR cards yet.

Questions:

1. Proof of immigrarion status: the eCoPR document is ok for verification of status?

2. They ask if I have a valid passport. The thing is my home country passport is expired and seized by IRCC, and I did not ask them to return to me after getting my PR. Should I answer ”NO“?

3. My partner‘s home country passport is still valid and seized. Should he answer “YES”, and attach the photocopy of passport and seizure document?

4. Documents to support identity: they ask two pieces of ID with photo and signature. We have only Ontario Health Card. The question is we also have our Refugee Claimant Document, which is still valid. Do they accept it, since we are PR now?
Or attach the photocopy of the seized passports, which one of them expired?
Or I have national identity card from home country, which is still valid, do they accept that?

5. References: the two reference person have to be canadian citizens? Because it’s not mentioned. PR is ok? (I know it’s not the same as the guarantor)

6. And finally I want to clarify the application process, because I read here that somebody applied first by mail, and AFTER sent a webform to ask urgent processing. But lot of people said that they FIRST sent a webform, and after waiting for ePOST request. I prefer the epost process.

thank you

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello everyone in this topic,

I have couple of questions, because we want to apply for urgent RTD. Hope my questions and your answers will helpul for everyone.

So me and my partner got our PR on December, no PR cards yet.

Questions:

1. Proof of immigrarion status: the eCoPR document is ok for verification of status?

2. They ask if I have a valid passport. The thing is my home country passport is expired and seized by IRCC, and I did not ask them to return to me after getting my PR. Should I answer ”NO“?

3. My partner‘s home country passport is still valid and seized. Should he answer “YES”, and attach the photocopy of passport and seizure document?

4. Documents to support identity: they ask two pieces of ID with photo and signature. We have only Ontario Health Card. The question is we also have our Refugee Claimant Document, which is still valid. Do they accept it, since we are PR now?
Or attach the photocopy of the seized passports, which one of them expired?
Or I have national identity card from home country, which is still valid, do they accept that?

5. References: the two reference person have to be canadian citizens? Because it’s not mentioned. PR is ok? (I know it’s not the same as the guarantor)

6. And finally I want to clarify the application process, because I read here that somebody applied first by mail, and AFTER sent a webform to ask urgent processing. But lot of people said that they FIRST sent a webform, and after waiting for ePOST request. I prefer the epost process.

thank you
1. eCopr is okey
2. Answer NO and add comments that document seized during refugee claim and still in possession of IRCC/CBSA. Attach copy
3. Answer YES and attach copy
4. You can use claimant document and Ontario Health Card photo ID
5. Go to your accountant, counsel or doctor. there is list of eligible referee on application form.
6. you can put covering letter for the urgent processing on your application, track once it is received then you can call for follow up

Needhelpmost

Oct 25, 2021
Hi guys I apply my travel document for renewal in mid December via courier and I didn’t received any confirmation which say they got the file so I called the customer service they said send the web form. I sent them a web form with supporting latter after I sent that I got e mail which is the following:-

Good day ————
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Canada (IRCC).
We have verified the information you provided. We are pleased to
advise you that we have forwarded your request for a Certificate of
Identity (COl) or Refugee Travel Document (RTD) to the
responsible office.
Do not respond to this e-mail or send any documents or
personal information.
To support health and safety measures and clients with urgent
travel needs, we have introduced a digital application submission
service via Canada Post's post Connect ™M. Canada Post's epost