+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee travel document (Urgent)

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
Hey bro i called them again today luckily the agent was so helpful and told me that i will send an email to the urgent processing team that this is an emergency ( My application was also marked as urgent when i called for the first time after submission) hopefully will get it this time as i already missed my dates and provided them with updated dates by the end of this month
Right
i already shared my web form RESULT in comments ..they said we forwarded your concern to relevant department..

I am feeling we both ll get RTD in few days but we may not fly because of omnicron restrictions..

Reactions: Faisalkhan555

Faisalkhan555

Apr 14, 2020
Right
i already shared my web form RESULT in comments ..they said we forwarded your concern to relevant department..

I am feeling we both ll get RTD in few days but we may not fly because of omnicron restrictions..
Yeah, exactly hopefully we will get it soon.

Faisalkhan555

Apr 14, 2020
Finally I got my travel document.
Applied on 20July 2021
Flagged as urgent on 19 December 2021
Mailed on 30 December 2021
Received on 5 January 2022
You are lucky, though mine was flagged as urgent on 2nd December and still calling them each and every day and there's no update, but today the agent sent an email to the urgent processing to mark it as an emergency so hopefully will get it this time.

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
Finally I got my travel document.
Applied on 20July 2021
Flagged as urgent on 19 December 2021
Mailed on 30 December 2021
Received on 5 January 2022
Congratulations bro..

Me n Faisal are waiting like many others ..

Where u r planning to meet ur family?
I figured it out from where u belong so it would be also helpful for us to plan our trip for family meet up.

Hasib1991

May 16, 2019
Congratulations bro..

Me n Faisal are waiting like many others ..

Where u r planning to meet ur family?
I figured it out from where u belong so it would be also helpful for us to plan our trip for family meet up.
Thanks, I wanna go to Pakistan, my family is over there, in the past I was taking visa through embassy of Pakistan in Toronto but now the visa system is online and it’s almost impossible to take visa through online system but there is 1% chance, I’m gonna try my chance.

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
First as recommended by experienced persons ! Donot travel back home where u claimed you have fear of persecution..
It’s very easy to get visa because I hv applied for my cousin and his kids . They ask some details and you have to provide it.it’s very simple

Try to meet your family somewhere else to avoid problems in future . You know you can loose your protected status if you travel back home ..

Hasib1991

May 16, 2019
As I told you on my previous post that Pakistan is not my home country, so there is no issue with that.
Did you get visa on Travel Document? I’m not sure because the online system doesn’t accept travel document.
If you did it could you please guide me.

sullom1012000

Jan 15, 2022
congratulations @norijand @Hasib1991 .
if you could help me understand how to get RTD this is my first year in Canada and I want to apply for RTD. I have a valid PR and I've tryed to submit a webform using an agency. Im traveling to turkey to reunit with my fiance and get married. we have been apart for long time. I contacted an agency to submit the my RTD for me and they submitted the webform on 20th of November I get the below reply and I resubmitted but got the same too.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

In order to respond to the high volume of enquiries related to the situation in Afghanistan we have shifted resources in our Client Support Centre and are responding to priority enquiries only.

We will respond to these priority enquiries only

what did I do wrong and how can I fix it this time?
Fyi I didnt send any epost or mail. just webform

sullom1012000

Jan 15, 2022
Guys
I got my Travel document today .

here is my time line
1) sent all my documents by mail on October 3
2)called IRCC every single day until October 12 until agent agree to refer to urgent processing (+1 - 888 -242 -2100 then press 3 - 5 - 2 - 0 to get Agent )
3) Credit card was charged Oct 22
4) Received Travel document by post November 20

Tips
1) Web forum doesn’t work anymore. Send paper based applications and mention urgent on top of envelope)

2 ) call IRCC until a agent agree to flag your application for urgent processing

3) mention a health reasons for purpose of travel . They will not ask any proof . Attached a letter with applications.

Good luck guys

what type of letter should we attach to the applications?
is it letter from doctor?

AA94

Jan 16, 2022
How long does it take to receive the email from epost after the IRCC forwards the request? I know they say 5 business days but I haven't received it :( Has anyone gotten it past the 5 days or was my case maybe not sent through..

Last edited:

NaAzaAn

May 26, 2021
Hello guys,
Today I received this email

We have verified the information you provided. We are pleased to advise you that we have forwarded your request for a Certificate of Identity (COI) or Refugee Travel Document (RTD) to the responsible office.
To support health and safety measures and clients with urgent travel needs, we have introduced a digital application submission service via Canada Post's epost connect. Canada Post’s epost Connect is a digital delivery platform with encryption that ensures the application stays secure and that privacy is protected throughout the application process.

Within 5 business days, you will receive an e-mail from Canada Post's epost Connect advising that you have been sent a message through epost. To access the message, you will have to sign up for epost Connect, you are encouraged to do so now. If you do not receive the e-mail from Canada Post, please check your Spam/Junk e-mail folder.

For information on what you need to apply for a refugee travel document or certificate of identity, please consult the Apply for a travel document in Canada: Non-Canadian adults and children page. Additional instructions on the submission process will be provided through epost Connect.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

So my question is that my urgent request is accepted??!!and they will send me epost link to start processing the RTD application?

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
Hello guys,
Today I received this email

We have verified the information you provided. We are pleased to advise you that we have forwarded your request for a Certificate of Identity (COI) or Refugee Travel Document (RTD) to the responsible office.
To support health and safety measures and clients with urgent travel needs, we have introduced a digital application submission service via Canada Post's epost connect. Canada Post’s epost Connect is a digital delivery platform with encryption that ensures the application stays secure and that privacy is protected throughout the application process.

Within 5 business days, you will receive an e-mail from Canada Post's epost Connect advising that you have been sent a message through epost. To access the message, you will have to sign up for epost Connect, you are encouraged to do so now. If you do not receive the e-mail from Canada Post, please check your Spam/Junk e-mail folder.

For information on what you need to apply for a refugee travel document or certificate of identity, please consult the Apply for a travel document in Canada: Non-Canadian adults and children page. Additional instructions on the submission process will be provided through epost Connect.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

So my question is that my urgent request is accepted??!!and they will send me epost link to start processing the RTD application?

Is it a response of webform or you already submitted your application ?

Reactions: Faisalkhan555

Faisalkhan555

Apr 14, 2020
Is it a response of webform or you already submitted your application ?
Hey,Did you get any update on your RTD i called them again today and they have finalized my application and it’s in printing queue now hopefully it will not take forever to print it and mail it out