+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee travel document (Urgent)

SSKAA

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
My timeline:

January 5, 2022
Application was sent by mail (not urgent)
I sent webforms for urgent travel several times, didn't help.

December 16, 2022
I got RTD by mail

Good luck everyone

Ncu

Oct 25, 2022
My timeline:

January 5, 2022

December 16, 2022
I got RTD by mail

Good luck everyone
Thank you for sharing your timeline. I’m glad it has arrived but that’s such a long wait! Congratulations!!!

Ncu

Oct 25, 2022
My timeline:

January 5, 2022

December 16, 2022
I got RTD by mail

Good luck everyone
Also, quick question- did they email you before mailing it out or you just received it without notice?

SSKAA

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
Also, quick question- did they email you before mailing it out or you just received it without notice?
No, they didn't. I sent routine webform and asked about status of my application. After 3 days they replied with Canada Post tracking information.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You are so lucky. Congratulations, I submitted urgent request and it’s been 6.5 months. I submitted all the medical evidence from doctor and even my Member of parliament got involved. I’m starting to think I’m being discriminated against. I’ve followed up the last 6 months and my MP does every week and flagged urgent and still nothing. I’ve given up, it’s not going to happen
Did you provide evidence that travel is urgent and time sensitive? Your processing time is not unusual, the processing time of 2 weeks is. There must have been concrete proof that there was an urgent medical situation or that someone’s health was in a critical state and that a visit was very time sensitive for processing to be so rapid.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I asked the officer when I went to pick up my passport from Etobicoke office, He said if you travel with your home country passport it means you are back under the protection of your home country, he also said it takes 6 to 8 months for travel document.
I have lost two job offers because I couldn’t go to US for training, if anyone tried using their passport for traveling, would appreciate the information.
It’s really frustrating.
You should provide proof from your prospective employer that training in the US is a requirement to get hired and without an RTD and being able to attend a training in the US on a specific date you will not be hired. I would only provide the proof if you intend on accepting the job.

gulfamurooj

Dec 20, 2022
I applied my RTD urgent a month ago and now I got mail from RTD office that my pic are to dark so we can't process and send new one with in a month so it's means that I will receive RTD soon

Awat

Sep 11, 2017
how come we can't see the application status online? cam we get GCMS notes to know the status?

I applied in April 2022 and still nothing!!