+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee travel document (Urgent)

mefepolat

Mar 18, 2022
After researching for a while, I came back with this statement: Every case is different. But the best thing is to wait to become Canadian before you travel. Please read other cases here:

https://irb.gc.ca/en/legal-policy/legal-concepts/Pages/RefDef12.aspx
yeah it is definitely risky I never said otherwise but this simba guy thinks knows everything and attacks my messages haha. according to the website you shared it really depends on voluntariness. If you voluntarily go back to your country for no reason that will 100% cease your refugee status but if you have a reason like death, marriage, renewing your passport for divorce or any other mandatory reason, it is unlikely they will cease your application. which in my friend's case was a serious illness of his parents and they let him go back to his country twice and obtain his canadian citizenship.

again, I would never advise someone to go back to their own country, everyone should do it at their own risk if they are willing to but so many negative and false fears are shared in this forum. I have 2 friends that had positive experience with this (THEY HAD A VALID REASON TO GO BACK) but everyone attacks me like I'm lying or advising someone to go back to their home country. I am only telling that there are applications were not ceased because they had valid reason, just trying to point out that if you have a valid reason do your research and then go back at your own risk.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
yeah it is definitely risky I never said otherwise but this simba guy thinks knows everything and attacks my messages haha. according to the website you shared it really depends on voluntariness. If you voluntarily go back to your country for no reason that will 100% cease your refugee status but if you have a reason like death, marriage, renewing your passport for divorce or any other mandatory reason, it is unlikely they will cease your application. which in my friend's case was a serious illness of his parents and they let him go back to his country twice and obtain his canadian citizenship.

again, I would never advise someone to go back to their own country, everyone should do it at their own risk if they are willing to but so many negative and false fears are shared in this forum. I have 2 friends that had positive experience with this (THEY HAD A VALID REASON TO GO BACK) but everyone attacks me like I'm lying or advising someone to go back to their home country. I am only telling that there are applications were not ceased because they had valid reason, just trying to point out that if you have a valid reason do your research and then go back at your own risk.
oooh ooooh, did you just mention my name? again just do it and goodluck

HeDidit

Sep 10, 2022

Visiting your home country after re accepted is not a big deal, let nobody cast fear here. Just as you rightly mentioned, if there is genuine and urgent reason for you to do, those guys are human, and they will understand. I have numerous friends that have been traveling to and fro their home country with their RTD, no issues whatsoever. One of them went to visit his wife that put to bed while he was waiting for hearing, another travelled just because it’s been 5years he saw his parents. So, the risk and the caution is there, but not a grave offense, just for your protection.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Visiting your home country after re accepted is not a big deal, let nobody cast fear here. Just as you rightly mentioned, if there is genuine and urgent reason for you to do, those guys are human, and they will understand. I have numerous friends that have been traveling to and fro their home country with their RTD, no issues whatsoever. One of them went to visit his wife that put to bed while he was waiting for hearing, another travelled just because it’s been 5years he saw his parents. So, the risk and the caution is there, but not a grave offense, just for your protection.
How those numerous friends were given boarding pass on RTD to COO while there is stamp that the RTD is not VALID to travel to COO? Second you mentioned another friend went to his country while waiting for hearing, how’s it possible he got RTD if passport was seized and not eligible for RTD before hearing? Its not about they are “human”, it is application of law. Can you also check statistics on IRB website on all cessation application following re-availment? Is it 99% Minister win? How do you explain that? I would be cautious to offer advise that will put people in serious legal consequences eventually revoking their status, it is big deal. Dont make it simple from word of mouth

Reactions: canuck78

mefepolat

Mar 18, 2022
How did they visit their home country with RTD? Because RTDs have a sticker inside states that this travel document is not valid for bearer’s home country.

Reactions: Simba112

lavida

Nov 18, 2021
Hi everyone! I finally received my Travel document after 6 months, just wanted to ask how can I know which countries I can travel to with this RTD?

Can I book a visa appointment for US? Can I travel to Europe or US? which countries I do not need visa for with my RTD?

I wonder too. If any of you could answer me about Costa Rica, I would appreciate it a lot. I already e-mailed and called Cuba, Brasil and Mexico. Brasil was incredibly rude, and they didn't accept TD without a visa; Cuba and Costa Rica didn't answer me back.

lavida

Nov 18, 2021
How did they visit their home country with RTD? Because RTDs have a sticker inside states that this travel document is not valid for bearer’s home country.
Some people go back to their home country via third countries. Such as, Belarussia could be used for Russia, and you can pass it by bus to Russia with your ID.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Some people go back to their home country via third countries. Such as, Belarussia could be used for Russia, and you can pass it by bus to Russia with your ID.
Which is why there is more scrutiny if you visit a neighbouring country especially if the neighbouring country is known to have porous borders. There are other ways to determine if people go back to their home country so it is best not to do it if you don’t want to risk your status in Canada.

lavida

Nov 18, 2021
Which is why there is more scrutiny if you visit a neighbouring country especially if the neighbouring country is known to have porous borders. There are other ways to determine if people go back to their home country so it is best not to do it if you don’t want to risk your status in Canada.

Exactly canuck! I do agree with you no need to risk anything.