+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee travel document (Urgent)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey guys, hope you are having a wonderful day. Anybody knows if I can get a study visa with the travel document we have? Specifically for studying in Germany.
You should also keep in mind that you are going to have to land to get PR and you will need to meet RO to retain your status in Canada unless your goal is to try to get status in Germany.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I add a letter from my grandmother doctor from back home explaining why I need to travel. I add that to my documents. I don’t know how long is the urgent travel document processing time but today is 3rd day since I sent my application. I can see they charged my credit card for application fees and I got an email on my epost that they asking to tell them a name of another person as my reference.
Assume your grandmother isn’t living in your home country.

Allawi1984

Nov 12, 2020
Hello, is there a certain period a refugee must stay outside Canada ... I heard that for more than 2 months there are problems and more questioning when u back? I want to travel and stay with my family for a while

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
Hello, is there a certain period a refugee must stay outside Canada ... I heard that for more than 2 months there are problems and more questioning when u back? I want to travel and stay with my family for a while
Theoretically, this shouldn't be a problem. The sole reason for issuing travel documents to the refugees is to facilitate their movement. Countries However can limit the time you spend outside their territory but this doesn't mean you'll be denied entry automatically. Personally I've never heard/read about any limitations (in Canada), but maybe you could send a webform to the RTD department to confirm if there's any?

Questioning is normal by the way, I was questioned after a 2-weeks trip. The stamps on your RTD (entry/exit) should prove where you stayed, that you didn't use another Passport etc

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
did you use a notary public as a guarantor?
No. I believe if you can't find a garountor you must fill out a Statutory Declaration in Lieu of Guarantor form, which is not available online. You can get the form by contacting the passport program click here

skmcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2021
Hey. I just fill up the form, upload the form and the documents listed on the epost, such as photo, then send them by replying the same email I got. I don’t know it I did right or wrong but that’s what I did. I can see in my credit card they they charge me yesterday for $120 which is the TD application fees.
Hello Ali,

did you get any response or received RTD?

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
Do you get notification when your application is accepted? the last activity on epost shows that IRCC opened my message, but there's no indication if my application/uploads were approved.

skmcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2021
Same here i did no
Do you get notification when your application is accepted? the last activity on epost shows that IRCC opened my message, but there's no indication if my application/uploads were approved.
After submission no response in ePost account.

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
Same here i did no

After submission no response in ePost account.
So I called the client support center and the agent told me that the application is in process, but she doesn't know how long it will take to get the RTD. She said I'll be contacted only if IRCC needs something.

I mentioned on the application that I'm travelling in July, so I'll wait couple of weeks then follow up with them if nothing changes

When is your trip?

skmcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2021
So I called the client support center and the agent told me that the application is in process, but she doesn't know how long it will take to get the RTD. She said I'll be contacted only if IRCC needs something.

I mentioned on the application that I'm travelling in July, so I'll wait couple of weeks then follow up with them if nothing changes

When is your trip?
Mid July

skmcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2021

When is your trip?
Hello @Kaisa_18

my Guarantor got a call today, what about yours?

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
Hello @Kaisa_18

my Guarantor got a call today, what about yours?
I'm not sure. The guarantor didn't tell me last time if they called him or not so I don't know if he will tell me this time.

But this is a good sign; means the file is moving. I hope we got ours by next week.