+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee travel document (RTD) (long waiting)

031_guy

Star Member
Feb 17, 2022
I applied for my refugee travel document (RTD) by mail on July 2022. It’s been over 8 months now.

In January 2023, IRCC replied to my webform request that my application was flagged as urgent and is currently in process. I am still waiting.

Is there anyone like me who applied on July 2022 and still waiting or already received the RTD?

Please share your timeline and any idea for urgent processing. Thanks.

I applied in June 2022 using Ottawa address. application was flagged many times but nothing happened . In January i sent new application to Gatineau address with travel date in February. I called in early February and said I'm traveling on March 1st urgent. .....They processed and mailed my Gatineau application and got RTD on Feb 27.

canadian23

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
I got my RTD today after 13 months. I submitted the application feb 15th 2022. I received it today march 16th after several calls and webforms.

Obvious

Feb 28, 2023
I applied in June 2022 using Ottawa address. application was flagged many times but nothing happened . In January i sent new application to Gatineau address with travel date in February. I called in early February and said I'm traveling on March 1st urgent. .....They processed and mailed my Gatineau application and got RTD on Feb 27.
Thank you for sharing! Did you call to IRCC number or in passport office in Gatineau?