+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee travel document (RTD) (long waiting)

hb8895

May 9, 2022
I applied for my refugee travel document (RTD) by mail on July 2022. It’s been over 8 months now.

In January 2023, IRCC replied to my webform request that my application was flagged as urgent and is currently in process. I am still waiting.

Is there anyone like me who applied on July 2022 and still waiting or already received the RTD?

Please share your timeline and any idea for urgent processing. Thanks.

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
I applied for my refugee travel document (RTD) by mail on July 2022. It’s been over 8 months now.

In January 2023, IRCC replied to my webform request that my application was flagged as urgent and is currently in process. I am still waiting.

Is there anyone like me who applied on July 2022 and still waiting or already received the RTD?

Please share your timeline and any idea for urgent processing. Thanks.
I applied in feb 2022 and got it in sep 2022 after sending 2 webforms for urgent requests and submitting proof of urgency. I also called the IRCC helpline to follow up. From what I have read from other members and from my own experience, I believe following up regularly and insisting on the urgency gets some results sometimes.

Good luck!

Reactions: Captain911

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023
Surprising! How come they don’t care about us. Anyway, please let me know when you receive your RTD. Thanks
You guys should keep calling them and sending webforms. If you are silent it means its not urgent for them and they care others.

Hws24

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Hi, I have applied for travel document for myself and my children on Dec 2021, yesterday I received mine only, is this normal that children’s are received separately? Or should I be following up with them?
Thank you

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023
Hi, I have applied for travel document for myself and my children on Dec 2021, yesterday I received mine only, is this normal that children’s are received separately? Or should I be following up with them?
Thank you
To make sure you should call them and ask about children maybe there is something missing and they are holding those. Its not hard to reach and ask them by phone.

Obvious

Feb 28, 2023
I applied in feb 2022 and got it in sep 2022 after sending 2 webforms for urgent requests and submitting proof of urgency. I also called the IRCC helpline to follow up. From what I have read from other members and from my own experience, I believe following up regularly and insisting on the urgency gets some results sometimes.

Good luck!
Hi,
Did you send medical urgent papers? I have sent one and they refused. Doctor is asking what kind of document do I need. Can you advise please?

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Hi,
Did you send medical urgent papers? I have sent one and they refused. Doctor is asking what kind of document do I need. Can you advise please?
My father was in the ICU for over 1 week, so I got the medical discharge report when he left the ICU and sent that to them.

Honestly I have no idea what they accept and what they dont!

Reactions: Obvious

Obvious

Feb 28, 2023
My father was in the ICU for over 1 week, so I got the medical discharge report when he left the ICU and sent that to them.

Was this report from the country you were refugee from as well please?

Obvious

Feb 28, 2023

Hello can you share if it is possible to present medical records from the country where I am refugee from? Please answer me