+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

Farishta Karimi

Sep 21, 2020
Did you fill the online webform first and then got a response from the IRCC and applied for RTD? Or you just attached the doctor's note and submitted your application?
Did you apply by post or in person?
Thanks a lot!
First I submitted my information via webform and in the attachments i added the doctor's note. After that, someone called me and asked me to mail my application which I did through Canada post to
OSC PPT-COI
PO Box 8783 STN T CSC
Ottawa, ON K1G 5G8

Then once I sent my application, I faxed them a letter providing my details and also the tracking number of my application.

Then I just had to wait for three weeks to receive the RTD in my mail.

Reactions: KatbiyaNazi

KatbiyaNazi

Jun 13, 2019
First I submitted my information via webform and in the attachments i added the doctor's note. After that, someone called me and asked me to mail my application which I did through Canada post to
OSC PPT-COI
PO Box 8783 STN T CSC
Ottawa, ON K1G 5G8

Then once I sent my application, I faxed them a letter providing my details and also the tracking number of my application.

Then I just had to wait for three weeks to receive the RTD in my mail.
Thank you very much!!! Appreciate your help.

Reactions: Farishta Karimi

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
Yes, I received my travel document and had applied on 29 september as well. I had attached the doctor's note in my application as a reason of my visit. I am hoping you should get your document soon as well.
Congratulations!!! I have received a call from immigration today asking to upload my home country passport copy , medical note and explaining why I didn’t get back my passport after PR. I hope I will get it soon too inshallah

KatbiyaNazi

Jun 13, 2019
Congratulations!!! I have received a call from immigration today asking to upload my home country passport copy , medical note and explaining why I didn’t get back my passport after PR. I hope I will get it soon too inshallah
Hey did you apply for Travel document finally? Did you provide them with a medical note as well?
I have still not applied and no news on our PR either :-( :-( :-(.

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
Hey did you apply for Travel document finally? Did you provide them with a medical note as well?
I have still not applied and no news on our PR either :-( :-( :-(.
Hi. Yes I applied last month last week. And still waiting to get it. But received a call from passport Ottawa today about my application submission and couple of more documents were required so I faxed them.

• Love
Reactions: KatbiyaNazi

KatbiyaNazi

Jun 13, 2019
Hi. Yes I applied last month last week. And still waiting to get it. But received a call from passport Ottawa today about my application submission and couple of more documents were required so I faxed them.
Good job! Did you apply directly or first filled out the online web form and they got back to you confirming that you could send your application?
Did you include a doctor's note in the file and through online webform?
Thanks

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
Good job! Did you apply directly or first filled out the online web form and they got back to you confirming that you could send your application?
Did you include a doctor's note in the file and through online webform?
Thanks
Yes I applied online and then sent my application directly with fee online submission receipt too. Called them a couple of weeks back but they did not enter my application yet.

KatbiyaNazi

Jun 13, 2019
Yes I applied online and then sent my application directly with fee online submission receipt too. Called them a couple of weeks back but they did not enter my application yet.
But when you sent the webform online, did they get back to you? Please also let me know if medical note is mandatory.
Thanks again

KatbiyaNazi

Jun 13, 2019
No i didn’t get a call later, I called them and told them that I already sent my application. And today I sent medical note , and another required letter to them
I pray that you get your travel document soon and please keep us informed!
Where are you planning to travel if you don't mind sharing. Turkey was in our plan but then the pandemic turned everything upside down :-(.

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
Hello guys, just wanted to.let you all know I got my rtd today.

I applied on July and received it this morning in the mail.

Best of luck to all of you :)

Reactions: Mano1110786