+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

Onetv1

Star Member
May 15, 2018
hi, I submitted my application last week and provided them with my credit card details. Today, the fee was deducted from my account. Does it mean they are processing my application?
I haven't received any calls after submitted the application.Please let me know if you have any information regarding it.
Did you contact Ircc via webform before submitting your application by mail?

xichanmontreal

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Hello friends,

Anyone have any information or an idea on the date of resumption of processing of travel document, normal processing without the need to justify an emergency with documents?

People who are lucky to have already Canadian citizenship have now access to ordinary Canadian passport application, without emergency proof, mail service has resumed, and even in person, by appointment.

This situation is worrying, especially since we are deprived of the only travel document and identity document that we can have, without risk to lose our protection guaranteed by the 1951 convention, and also the citizenship tests which are stopped.

We're like stateless people now : It's terrifying.

Thank you.

Reactions: Mano1110786

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
Hello friends,

Anyone have any information or an idea on the date of resumption of processing of travel document, normal processing without the need to justify an emergency with documents?

People who are lucky to have already Canadian citizenship have now access to ordinary Canadian passport application, without emergency proof, mail service has resumed, and even in person, by appointment.

This situation is worrying, especially since we are deprived of the only travel document and identity document that we can have, without risk to lose our protection guaranteed by the 1951 convention, and also the citizenship tests which are stopped.

We're like stateless people now : It's terrifying.

Thank you.
Ironically true!!!

Emil7

Star Member
Jan 13, 2018
Guys, can PR travel through London (transit) to Turkey? I've a valid Turkey visa, looking for tickets, cheapest one through London. I'm afraid they might ask for transit visa.

kelepirci

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
My urgent Travel Document application finally approved and received my RTD today. All process took 4.5 weeks. As long as you have a valid urgent reason they are doing their best to approve your RTD as soon as possible.

Good luck guys

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
My urgent Travel Document application finally approved and received my RTD today. All process took 4.5 weeks. As long as you have a valid urgent reason they are doing their best to approve your RTD as soon as possible.

Good luck guys
Congratulations!! What was the reason you applied for ? I submitted my application on 29 September with a simple application that I need it in urgent basis as I need to see someone quick

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019

Good luck guys
please guide me what to do? Should I send a fax ?? Or webform of the doctors note