+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

moealz

Star Member
May 9, 2022
I applied in November 27, 2021, they have charged my CC as well for the fees but till now nothing, I sent several webforms, elevated in Urgent process but still no luck! Getting frustrated as to where and whom to contact for this.
thanks for the info. i was happy today morning although I thought this means nothing lol

JoeAk

Apr 11, 2023
I applied to RTD on 25 march 2023, I sent the urgency application before 10 days and today the fees of the application appeared on my credit card. From your previous experience, does this mean that the application is processed ? after how many days I may get it ?
thank you
I applied in January 2023 and they took the fees and still nothing, but I heard people applied in March 19 ish and already received it

Fleabag23

Mar 29, 2023
I applied in January 2023 and they took the fees and still nothing, but I heard people applied in March 19 ish and already received it
Hi JoeAK, I’m curious, did you use a guarantor or did you fill the statutory declaration in lieu of a guarantor form? I had no guarantor and used a notary public. I’m thinking that is what is causing the delay for mine.

JoeAk

Apr 11, 2023
Hi JoeAK, I’m curious, did you use a guarantor or did you fill the statutory declaration in lieu of a guarantor form? I had no guarantor and used a notary public. I’m thinking that is what is causing the delay for mine.
Hello, I used a guarantor so I don’t think that’s why it’s delayed

Apr 20, 2023
First I submitted my information via webform and in the attachments i added the doctor's note. After that, someone called me and asked me to mail my application which I did through Canada post to
OSC PPT-COI
PO Box 8783 STN T CSC
Ottawa, ON K1G 5G8

Then once I sent my application, I faxed them a letter providing my details and also the tracking number of my application.

Then I just had to wait for three weeks to receive the RTD in my mail.
Hello,

What wad the fax number you used to sent the letters? I need it to follow up my application, it's been more that 15 months I've been waiting for RTD.

Thanks,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
I called the IRB concerns RTD application since September 2022. I was told that my application has been flagged as urgent. I was also told to buy a plane ticket and couriering it to the Quebec location as further proof of travel. Did anyone have a similar experience and if so did you receive your Travel Documents after sending in the airline ticket?
Would not buy a ticket in advance unless it is full refundable until you get your RTD because the strike could shut down RTD processing.

Jackson24

Apr 21, 2023
Hello, how are you guys? Can anyone tell me if when I submit my travel document application, they will call or text me that my travel document has been approved or will they send me my travel document directly to my address? Thanks guys

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hello, how are you guys? Can anyone tell me if when I submit my travel document application, they will call or text me that my travel document has been approved or will they send me my travel document directly to my address? Thanks guys
Hello. They sent my directly. No email or call.

cpasbirn

Dec 1, 2020
Hey guys, i just received my Rtd. Here is my timeline:

March 9th: Sent webform for urgent processing
March 12th: Mailed application to Gatineau
March 13th: Application received
March 20th: Sent webform again
March 24th: Received call from agent - application flagged urgent
April 12th: Contacted call center - was told new photos were needed
April 13th: Sent new photos
April 21st: Rtd issued
April 27th: Rtd received

Good luck to everyone waiting!

moealz

Star Member
May 9, 2022

great news.
when did they withdraw the money from your credit card ?

betterlife999

Star Member
Sep 25, 2021

How to track RTD application ?

I mean I am not able to link with my GC key.

Can u help me the steps please.
Thank you