+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Thanks for your reply. Yes he already signed my photo. But what means by missing back side signature? The guarantor has to sign the back of all paper even the application paper?
*for RTD applications by refugees*

Your guarantor has to sign/certify the following:

- RTD application form
- copy of front and back of your ID
- copy of your rpcd
- back of your photograph

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Your guarantor has to sign/certify the following:

- RTD application form
- copy of front and back of your ID
- copy of your rpcd
- back of your photograph

Hope this helps!
Hi. Does guarantor has to write something on id copy? Like photo? Or just date and sign enough? Thank you.

AlizEbg

Apr 13, 2015
Hello everyone,

I am about to book a trip to Europe and I have got a few questions to ask. I have already seen the recent posts on this thread and kinda know the answer, but I would like to verify that with you and would appreictae your thoughts.

I have Canadian PR and RTD btw.

As far as I saw in the excel file here, you can travel visa-free to Germany and Italy with RTD. Is that correct?
I also wonder about the airport transit? So, If you travel with KLM then you enter Schengen area and thus, you have to cross the border control which means they may require visa for the Netherlands (maybe?). I think Spain for example does require visa. I am trying to plan the entire trip so that we only fly to Gemany and from Germany to Italy and then back from Italy to Canada. There should be no problem with that and not having to get any visa? correct?

Last but not least, I think transit from London should be alright with RTD and Canadian PR?

Thanks,

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023
Hello everyone,

I am about to book a trip to Europe and I have got a few questions to ask. I have already seen the recent posts on this thread and kinda know the answer, but I would like to verify that with you and would appreictae your thoughts.

I have Canadian PR and RTD btw.

As far as I saw in the excel file here, you can travel visa-free to Germany and Italy with RTD. Is that correct?
I also wonder about the airport transit? So, If you travel with KLM then you enter Schengen area and thus, you have to cross the border control which means they may require visa for the Netherlands (maybe?). I think Spain for example does require visa. I am trying to plan the entire trip so that we only fly to Gemany and from Germany to Italy and then back from Italy to Canada. There should be no problem with that and not having to get any visa? correct?

Last but not least, I think transit from London should be alright with RTD and Canadian PR?

Thanks,
Hello
Transit is not possible. Flight should be directly to Germany or Italy from Canada. And back directly to Canada as well. I didnt see anybody tried to fly from Germany to Italy. You should ask one of those Consulates.

Reactions: AlizEbg

Askhar131

Star Member
Dec 20, 2020
Has anyone applied for a new urgent RTD after their first RTD expired. Is it mandatory to send the old RTD to IRCC even if it is expired? From what I see on the application form, it says we only send a non-expired RTD back to Ircc and can request if we want it returned incase it has a valid visa.

Sabu61@@

Feb 27, 2023
Hello all.,

I have a question regarding RTD forms. Can anyone please advise how to fill in the date signed and location signed? I was able to sign digitally but I can’t seem to type in date I signed and location( like city and province). Just to let you know, I typed in the answers. Thanks

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hello all.,

I have a question regarding RTD forms. Can anyone please advise how to fill in the date signed and location signed? I was able to sign digitally but I can’t seem to type in date I signed and location( like city and province). Just to let you know, I typed in the answers. Thanks
I sent my application yesterday and it will be delivered today. After I printed put date, location and signed. My guarantor too. Handwriting.

cyberlink

Aug 10, 2020
Hello all.,

Type in the information then print and sign and date it with a pen, gurantor can do all the info and sign with a pen.

Reactions: lotus2101

NewinKit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
I have a question regarding epost. If IRCC sends that link to apply does it mean for sure that RTD will be processed quick?

Arshiyajabeen

Jun 8, 2017
Hello Everyone, i got my RTD today. i applied in September 2022, applied for urgent, didn't work, sent many webforms no luck. I did something above their power and my RTD was issued and sent to me today via a private and special delivery. Good luck everyone
Can you please let me know, I am waiting since Nov 2021, still didn't receive the RTD. Submitted many web forms & called them, but no response. Applied for Urgent as well, but still no response. Please can you help me how to get it on an urgent basis. TIA