+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

Obvious

Feb 28, 2023
Since it is after you became protected person that you got married, you can now include his name. There are places on the form where you will include dates of marriage and subsequently upload the marriage certificate. That’s all.
Thank you for answering. Do we need to upload all the pictures of marriage etc?

Zai24

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
The document not only determines whether a visa is required or not... But also whether the blue Canadian travel document RTD (1951 convention) is accepted (A few rare countries of the European Union, in fact, would refuse even attach a visa to the Canadian documents, and do not recognize it)

I will transcribe here directly the information available at this moment, with the country abbreviations to decipher them all... BUT, it must be kept in mind that this information will not always be the same, it will always be necessary to check the latest version.

Version of the document on which I take the information below:

(Tab number ''0'', title: notification of the exel document, ''This publication is based on information communicated by the Member States to the Commission at 01/02/2023'')

BEBGCZDKDEEEELESFRHRITCYLVLTLUHUMTNLATPLPTROSLSK
yesyesyesyesyesyesyes

Conclusion : Spain and Portugal need a visa vor canadian rtd holder ( A visa application seems possible for Spain according to this last document... But not so long ago, a few months back, this document was not even recognized by Spain! )

* Country codes :

European Union (EU)

Belgium(BE)Greece(EL)Lithuania(LT)Portugal(PT)
Bulgaria(BG)Spain(ES)Luxembourg(LU)Romania(RO)
Czechia(CZ)France(FR)Hungary(HU)Slovenia(SI)
Denmark(DK)Croatia(HR)Malta(MT)Slovakia(SK)
Germany(DE)Italy(IT)Netherlands(NL)Finland(FI)
Estonia(EE)Cyprus(CY)Austria(AT)Sweden(SE)
Ireland(IE)Latvia(LV)Poland(PL)

See here : https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php?title=Glossary:Country_codes

2.2.1. States
yes = visa exempted
CountriesCategory of personsBEBGCZDKDEEEELESFRHRITCYLVLTLUHUMTNLATPLPTROSLSKFISEISNOCHLI

CANADARefugeesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes
CANADAStateless personsyesyesyesyesyesyes
This email from Portugal Embassy Toronto
Thank you for your email. If you have a canadian blue travel document and a valid canadian visa or PR card you can apply for a Schengen visa.

Anyone knows about Spain. I have to go to Portugal to visit my family and PR is taking forever.

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023
thank you. I called the consulate again. they asked my origin and I told them. they gave me same response that I do not need a visa. but she said she will check with minister of affairs. I called Lufthansa and they told me they cannot give me any advice for visa. my flight is this coming Saturday.
Hello
Did you visit Albania without Pr and visa? Any issue?

Hasmin3333

Mar 8, 2023
Hi guys, I applied for RTD and they rejected my application. The reason was missing back side signature. Which documents that the guarantor has to sign at the back. All paper even the application form? What else the guarantor or me has to sign? Could you please answer me?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi guys, I applied for RTD and they rejected my application. The reason was missing back side signature. Which documents that the guarantor has to sign at the back. All paper even the application form? What else the guarantor or me has to sign? Could you please answer me?
one of your photo as well

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023
Thanks for your reply. Yes he already signed my photo. But what means by missing back side signature? The guarantor has to sign the back of all paper even the application paper?
Why dont you try to call them? Im sure they can explain you. Before you apply again you should call them. If you try calling them couple times in a day, you can reach them

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023
Is it right that after PR, H&C applicants can’t apply for travel documents ?
Not refugee travel document. But i think you can apply certificates of identity for travelling.

website says:

Certificates of identity are issued to permanent residents of Canada who are not protected persons and are stateless or cannot obtain a national passport or travel document from any other source. These documents are only issued in Canada.

Lifetime2021

Nov 1, 2021
Not refugee travel document. But i think you can apply certificates of identity for travelling.

website says:

Certificates of identity are issued to permanent residents of Canada who are not protected persons and are stateless or cannot obtain a national passport or travel document from any other source. These documents are only issued in Canada.
Thank you for respond. Is this certificate of identity can I travel with it like travel documents without visa for some countries?

Reactions: Captain911