+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

bfour

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
I had all my physical pictures dated and signed in the back by my guarantor, so when they asked me to send it virtually via epost, what I did is scan both pictures front and back, so i scanned and made 1 pdf for each photo which contains the front and backside. and I also took one clear picture of my photo with my phone and added it as a separate jpeg document since the agent told me they might use it for the passport picture. That's how I added it and I received my passport 10 days later.
hello. did you first sent the webform to them and the they send you the epost link or first you applied rtd and then send the urgent webform to them and they get back to you. cause I have a letter and I will apply urgent rtd but I am thinking which one first I need to do. thank you

Bidil

Apr 25, 2022
Hey guys. Applied for RTD July 2021. In June 2022 when I called IRCC, they said office requested documents in April 2022. But I didnt get anything. Anyway, after that call I sent new picture, and police report about my lost RTD. Since then no news. Only thing that I know they got my submitted docs, but dont wanna finish it. Im so frustrated. I have friends who got it in just 2 weeks (no urgent).

Dina1993

Sep 21, 2022
Hey guys. Applied for RTD July 2021. In June 2022 when I called IRCC, they said office requested documents in April 2022. But I didnt get anything. Anyway, after that call I sent new picture, and police report about my lost RTD. Since then no news. Only thing that I know they got my submitted docs, but dont wanna finish it. Im so frustrated. I have friends who got it in just 2 weeks (no urgent).
My husband applied to renewal his RTD more than 7 months ago and he apply for urgent dozens of time and still nothing,do you know how your friends get thier RTD that quick !!

bamboohamboo

Sep 24, 2022
I sent my application to Gatineau via Canada post on the 22nd of October,2022 from London Ontario and I got my travel doc via Canada post on Monday, 20th of November ,2022.
wow really!
I sent mine to Ottawa do you recommend me to send it again to that address you mentioned?
Since I haven't heard anything from them since like two months now!

Shary47

May 31, 2022
Hi guys can please someone share there experience about re entry in Canada with rtd without pr. I m protected person in Canada my pr processing time is almost over but I m travelling outside Canada for 14 days. What happens upon re entry in Canada? What documents does immigration officers ask? Please share your re entry experience thanks in advance

ksug

Nov 21, 2022
Hello, I mailed my RTD application and it was delivered November 24, 2022. I still don't have an application number. I forgot to put my travel date and its pretty soon (Feb 1). I now worry that its not going to be here on time. What can I do now to speed up the process? Any phone number I can call and talk to them?

MichaelEbu

Oct 26, 2019
A friend traveled to Cotonou in Benin Republic with his RTD on air France with his PR. His concern was when he was returning, Air France officials asked for his PR Card before allowing him to board. The question here is Air France would have denied him to board if he had only his RTD without a PR Card. Are they not aware that a RTD holder can re-enter canada without a PR Card? I can only imagine the untold hardship he would have gone through if he wasn't with his PR and was denied boarding on his return flight.

Reactions: hemeda2

HeDidit

Sep 10, 2022
A friend traveled to Cotonou in Benin Republic with his RTD on air France with his PR. His concern was when he was returning, Air France officials asked for his PR Card before allowing him to board. The question here is Air France would have denied him to board if he had only his RTD without a PR Card. Are they not aware that a RTD holder can re-enter canada without a PR Card? I can only imagine the untold hardship he would have gone through if he wasn't with his PR and was denied boarding on his return flight.
I don’t think that would have posed a problem, maybe some delays. It is very important one obtains all relevant information regarding acceptable traveling documents before one embarks on a journey.

Reactions: MichaelEbu

Mirna ch.

Aug 18, 2021
I have an RTD and i want a turkish visa

Wheres the website link to submit my documents in order to get an appointment? Thanks

Kamiste2

Jul 9, 2021
Hi guys

I have a friend who is looking to urgently travel to the US for her daugther's burial. She is an asylum seeker in Canada but her request is still pending with Immigration Canada for the past 6 years. Would it be possible for her to apply for an emergency travel document given her current status? If so, will she have issues returning to Canada if her asylum hasn't been granted yet?

Thanks

gulfamurooj

Dec 20, 2022
Hi there every one I applied my RTD on urgent basis and I have sent so many webforms but and every time I got different answer so iff any friends received RTD in 20 to 25 days can read this email and can explain me the situation if he faced the same

Good day Urooj Gulfam,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on your file and can confirm that your application was flagged as urgent and is currently in process. If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

Rest assured that we will make all the necessary efforts to speed up the processing of your application.

Please note, we're experiencing a high and growing demand for travel document services. This may affect how quickly we can process your application. We may not always meet our service standards as a result.

SSKAA

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
My timeline:

January 5, 2022
Application was sent by mail (not urgent)
I sent webforms for urgent travel several times, didn't help.

December 16, 2022
I got RTD by mail

Good luck everyone

Reactions: Mswati