+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
Ircc never gave me epost option. There's only option I have is to mail them. What is epost connect?
a few weeks ago, you could send a webform, there was an option for urgent RTD processing, I sent it mentioning the reason for my urgent request, they sent me an email saying that my request was sent to the right office, an agent called me and told that I will receive an email with a link for epost connect(canadapost online service), through it I can send all my application online, I scanned ALL my documents including my photos back and forth and sent them through the message they sent me on epost connect and less than 2 weeks later I received my RTD

Reactions: abyurla

shumailaazeem3

Apr 28, 2021
a few weeks ago, you could send a webform, there was an option for urgent RTD processing, I sent it mentioning the reason for my urgent request, they sent me an email saying that my request was sent to the right office, an agent called me and told that I will receive an email with a link for epost connect(canadapost online service), through it I can send all my application online, I scanned ALL my documents including my photos back and forth and sent them through the message they sent me on epost connect and less than 2 weeks later I received my RTD
Wow that was really good option for you!
I also applied for urgent travel document but they didn't send me epost connect option. Should I ask them?

Reactions: Toronto1971

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
Wow that was really good option for you!
I also applied for urgent travel document but they didn't send me epost connect option. Should I ask them?
You could try to ask, I know they did that for people who sent the urgent request through Webform first, but now that option isnt even in the dropdown anymore

Fpas

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Hello, I applied for non-urgent travel document August 2021. On may 27, 2022 they called my references. Do any of you know how long does it take to get the document after they call references? Personal experiences? Thank you

Driz001

Apr 21, 2022
Hello, I applied for non-urgent travel document August 2021. On may 27, 2022 they called my references. Do any of you know how long does it take to get the document after they call references? Personal experiences? Thank you
What did they ask your reference?

ALAZ9750

Jan 4, 2021
I sent in the webform yesterday (2022-06-22) with proof of travel, itinerary flying on the date (2022-07-20), and stated that someone in my family is sick and that I need to travel. I received a call from an immigration officer stating that I'll be sent an e-post link on monday (2022-06-27) and that i need to upload all my documents there.

I couldn't find a suitable guarantor for my RTD, so i had to fill out the "Statutory Declaration in Lieu of Guarantor" form and get an oath commissioner to to verify and sign all my documents. I had to add 2 extra references to my form as well, this could possibly delay it further, i hope not..

Webform sent: June 22, 2022
Received Email / Call: June 23, 2022

I'll keep you guys updated on how it goes, and if i get my RTD in time, There's around 4 weeks until my flight date.

shumailaazeem3

Apr 28, 2021
I sent in the webform yesterday (2022-06-22) with proof of travel, itinerary flying on the date (2022-07-20), and stated that someone in my family is sick and that I need to travel. I received a call from an immigration officer stating that I'll be sent an e-post link on monday (2022-06-27) and that i need to upload all my documents there.

Webform sent: June 22, 2022
Received Email / Call: June 23, 2022

I'll keep you guys updated on how it goes, and if i get my RTD in time, There's around 4 weeks until my flight date.
They're only accepting urgent travel document request through webform. It's been 7 months that I applied by mail but they're not responding

ALAZ9750

Jan 4, 2021
They're only accepting urgent travel document request through webform. It's been 7 months that I applied by mail but they're not responding
Applying without urgency takes forever, that's why i went for the urgent route, hopefully they give me it in time. Submitting a webform to inquire about your application is useless, they always send the same message back to back, it really gets you nowhere..

Reactions: shumailaazeem3

shumailaazeem3

Apr 28, 2021
Applying without urgency takes forever, that's why i went for the urgent route, hopefully they give me it in time. Submitting a webform to inquire about your application is useless, they always send the same message back to back, it really gets you nowhere..
It's highly frustrating. What can I do about this?

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
If you received a call from the agent then they will process it, I did the same steps as you (except I had a guarantor), when the agent called me I had already received my epost link (look in your junk mail) once I scanned and submitted ALL document + fee receipt using epost connect I received my passport in a bit less than 2 weeks. So be hopeful and scan and send you docs asap. Good luck
Here is my timeline:
May 10: sent webform online request for urgent RTD
May 11: received email saying that my request is approved and sent to RTD responsible office
May 12: I received a call from agent, she told me that she will send me an econnect link and that I can scan all the documents and attach them using epost connect
May 28: i sent all document using epost connect
May 31: I see that IRCC opened the msg I sent
June 9: i received RTD

Reactions: JBKJN