+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

031_guy

Star Member
Feb 17, 2022
Hello everyone,
Does anyone have experience travelling to Europe with RTD and NO PR?
I have a valid RTD and a Schengen French Visa?
Is that good enough? Will they give me a hard time?
thank you
I went to France last September 2023 and had no issues with just my RTD. Its the Olympics this year, so they might just have extra security plans that they didn't have last year.

Albi Komi

Apr 3, 2024
I’m being told from an immigration consultant that I need PR to travel to France even though I’ve RTD and a French visa… is that true?
they have gave me incorrect info few times just wanted to confirm

exact

Oct 29, 2023
I’m being told from an immigration consultant that I need PR to travel to France even though I’ve RTD and a French visa… is that true?
The information they gave you is not correct

031_guy

Star Member
Feb 17, 2022
Was in France last September, you just need valid RTD and VISA.

Bhtsan

Mar 17, 2024
If you have visa on your RTD than you shouldn’t have any issues but be careful while booking your trip.ask all the questions to them.

toecyne

Dec 7, 2022
Finally Got my RTD.
Timeline:

1st applied: 1st July 2022,

April 2023:
They sent to my ex gf address. She received and threw away

July 2023:
I called them to IRCC they sent to the Residential instead of Mailing address on the application. Promised to reprint and resend until,,,

March 5th 2024: Reapplied and gave my MP tracking number to call IRCC ,I gave up waiting for the reprint, after uncountable emails and letters

April 5th 2024: Received a note from Canada Post, picked up same day

Shed a bit of tears after receiving, IRCC really made me suffer for this sh*t that shouldn't take even a month. 2 whole years of waiting, thousands of dollars spent on cancelling 2 trips. My business partners, friends and family almost called me a liar because I had postponed my travel plans uncountable times

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
Finally Got my RTD.
Timeline:

1st applied: 1st July 2022,

April 2023:
They sent to my ex gf address. She received and threw away

July 2023:
I called them to IRCC they sent to the Residential instead of Mailing address on the application. Promised to reprint and resend until,,,
March 5th 2024: Reapplied and gave my MP tracking number to call IRCC ,I gave up waiting for the reprint, after uncountable emails and letters

April 5th 2024: Received a note from Canada Post, picked up same day

Shed a bit of tears after receiving, IRCC really made me suffer for this sh*t that shouldn't take even a month. 2 whole years of waiting, thousands of dollars spent on cancelling 2 trips. My business partners, friends and family almost called me a liar because I had postponed my travel plans uncountable times
Congrats
What do you mean with tracking number? Canada post or another thing ? How can I find my tracking number?