Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

spamed

Star Member
Oct 10, 2023
Montreal
Category........
Other
Hello there

they say that “We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application for a Certificate of Identity (COI) or Refugee Travel Document (RTD) is still in process.

At this time, all required documents and information have been received by the responsible office.”

Did any of you receive this message? How long does it take to be delivered after this message?
i did after i sent them webform. I will call them tomorrow

Rick4Life

Nov 17, 2022
Hi, I applied for a Singapore Visa through the Consulate General Toronto. You must send an email to torsgmfa@gmail.com with all your documents like the RTD Biodata Page, Return ticket, or a ticket showing leaving Singapore, for example: leaving for Thailand from Singapore. I booked a multi-city trip. From Montreal to Singapore and Bangkok to Montreal on the same itinerary. From Singapore to Bangkok, I booked separately with Scoot Airline. Remember, that's a disgusting airline. They said they had never seen that type of travel document and didn't recognize my RTD. I had to wait for 2.5 hours for them to enquire with the Thailand embassy if I could be allowed in Thailand with that travel document. I was the last person to board the flight and was almost missing. You have to make sure you go to any check-in counter in Asia at least 3 hours before the flight so that in case they don't recognize your travel document, they have enough time to enquire with the embassy of the country you are flying to. Also, include your Driver's License and Health Card from your province for the visa application. They do need to see at least two IDs other than the RTD if you don't have a PR. I'll still recommend not applying for a Singapore visa without a PR because they troubled me to enter the country without a PR. Thailand is the only country that didn't care about my RTD and got me entry in just 2 minutes. For a Thailand visa, go to https://www.thaievisa.go.th/

I came back on October 12th and everything was smooth on the way back. Though at Dubai Airport, they double-check your status at the boarding gate. For me, it took around 15 minutes for them to update my status on their system. I was scared but all went through smoothly after I boarded the flight. In Canada, you do have to go for the secondary inspection but that was just a formality. It was around a maximum of 5 to 7 minutes for me to get through the immigration with the waiting time in the queue. Please read my latest post for the entire experience on the way back for a smoother travel experience.

Hope that helps...
I went to Hong Kong on Cathay without PR January 2024, only RTD, going was smooth and returning was even smoother. No issues at all.