+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

Abdullah18

Dec 15, 2017
hi
I have query?

I have the blue certificate from UNHCR in India

my question is will be acceptable to for gov's of canada as a refugee ?

Anas1990

Oct 4, 2017
Hi

I have RTD and I went to Jordan on July and August 2017. ( iam not a Jordanian citizen)

first step I called the CIC and they told me the same about no guarantee of return to Canada. but I have nothing to afraid from. so i then called the embassy of Jordan. she told me they accept the RTD. I opened their website and fill-out the forms and sent to Embassy of Jordan. I got the visa withing 10 days

I went to jordan for one full month (31 days) and when i reached Canada, they told me to go to immigration office inside the airport. i went and gave them my RTD. I waited 10 minutes then they return my RTD and told me you can go.

thats my experience
My friend am a Palestinians refugee in Canada and I my wife is Jordanian citizen , am protected person , have pr card and travel document
How long do you think that visa takes ?
Secondly when you get there do they stamp on the travel document or not ?
Last do they ask you about money order to give them and they will give it
back to you when you come back to Canada ?
Any help will be much appreciated brother
Salam

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My friend am a Palestinians refugee in Canada and I my wife is Jordanian citizen , am protected person , have pr card and travel document
How long do you think that visa takes ?
Secondly when you get there do they stamp on the travel document or not ?
Last do they ask you about money order to give them and they will give it
back to you when you come back to Canada ?
Any help will be much appreciated brother
Salam
Yesterday you were asking about the status of your pr application and you only applied for PR last summer. how do you have a PR card? Do you mean refugee travel documents?

Anas1990

Oct 4, 2017
Yesterday you were asking about the status of your pr application and you only applied for PR last summer. how do you have a PR card? Do you mean refugee travel documents?
Am so sorry man
Am trying to know what will happen after I get the pr
I half family that I hadn't seen for 3 years

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately it seems like you are at the beginning of the PR process. I believe it takes 21 months so you have over a year to go. Best of luck.

champion92_pls

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Fallen_Warrior

You are speaking my words. I used to feel in Palestine like a 3rd class person. And here in Canada, As a refugee, I feel like 4th class after Canadian citizens, Permanent residents without restrictions, permanent residents with restrictions. Even after students or workers .... they don't have restrictions and can travel to their homes anytime

As we say in Arabic: The person who is being hit by a stick is not like the person who is counting those hits.

I had to give up so many things to come to Canada. When I left home, the last thing I saw was my mom crying ... and they were lots of tears on her cheeks and trying to hide them. Those tears are priceless, and it will never worth the JAIL here.

I have not been out of Canada for more than 5 years now. My parents are old now and every day I call my mom/dad and they don't answer, I panic and I will be like .. what could have happened .... what if ..... It's VERY stressful and very tiring!!!!

Smsm10

Dec 22, 2017
hi. My friend is planning to travel to Mexico yet he does not know if he needs a PR to enter. He is a refugee in Canada and he’s awaiting his PR card. Do you know anyone who entered Mexico with the travel document and without a PR? If not, do you know which country that will allow him to enter without a PR?

champion92_pls

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
I am not sure why people are confused by the Travel Document VS the return to Canada.

Once you have your Travel document, you can travel and come back to Canada with no issues. There is no point for Canada to issue a Travel Document, and not let you in.

Reactions: captains