+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Sponsorship (Group of 5 ) through Québec government.

amin_turkey

Jan 24, 2023
H
Hello Jeff,
I don't have any information about that, but what I know is that the last days before our file to get a sponsorship approval at ARRIMA the status was " encours de traitement " in french. Once u get a sponsorship approval, u get an email which will say that u have a message on ARRIMA then the status will be " demande d'engagement acceptée" in french.
That's what I know. I wish could give you more information but I am the sponsored person so I don't have much information about Arrima.
I also have a file exactly like yours, but I opened the file in Arima in January 2022. I was accepted in the lottery in April. In June, I sent the additional documents of the sponsors. And the status of the case has not changed since (present). When do you think we will get out of this situation?
Are you in Quebec Canada now?
How long did it take you to go to Canada after the status of the case changed?

amin_turkey

Jan 24, 2023
Hi Niyuba,

my application status changed to “in progress” since last week, do you know how long it gonna take for next step? Andwhat is next step actually?

thanks a lot in advance for your help

I also have a file exactly like yours, but I opened the file in Arima in January 2022. I was accepted in the lottery in April. In June, I sent the additional documents of the sponsors. And the status of the case has not changed since (present). When do you think we will get out of this situation?
Are you in Quebec Canada now?
How long did it take you to go to Canada after the status of the case changed?

armel10

Jun 2, 2023
I too am in the same boat!!! According to the newspaper <<Le Devoir>> Refugees who are sponsored in Quebec are not about to arrive: not only has the Ministry of Immigration not started processing private sponsorship files submitted at the start of the year 2022, but it has not yet completed the study of the files submitted in 2021. “For the moment, no application received [as part of the 2022 call for applications] has been examined and has not obtained an acceptance decision,” indicated Arianne Méthot, spokesperson for the Ministry of Immigration, Francisation and Integration (MIFI). It is expected that the examination of the files will conclude in December 2023, she added.

amin_turkey

Jan 24, 2023
I too am in the same boat!!! According to the newspaper <<Le Devoir>> Refugees who are sponsored in Quebec are not about to arrive: not only has the Ministry of Immigration not started processing private sponsorship files submitted at the start of the year 2022, but it has not yet completed the study of the files submitted in 2021. “For the moment, no application received [as part of the 2022 call for applications] has been examined and has not obtained an acceptance decision,” indicated Arianne Méthot, spokesperson for the Ministry of Immigration, Francisation and Integration (MIFI). It is expected that the examination of the files will conclude in December 2023, she added.
Thank you for replying to my message. Yes, I also read this news two months ago. But I am still very worried. With the way that the Quebec immigration office has taken, there is no guarantee that they will keep their promises. Examining these 800 cases related to our files may not take 48 hours, but after nearly two years, they still haven't even looked at our files. This is very funny and very very sad. I really want to be optimistic and keep waiting, but I'm not optimistic about them at all. Even if they check and even approve our files tomorrow, it will still take 1 year or more for us to fly to Canada. I am in a very, very difficult situation and I have no choice but to wait

amin_turkey

Jan 24, 2023
H
Hello Jeff,
I don't have any information about that, but what I know is that the last days before our file to get a sponsorship approval at ARRIMA the status was " encours de traitement " in french. Once u get a sponsorship approval, u get an email which will say that u have a message on ARRIMA then the status will be " demande d'engagement acceptée" in french.
That's what I know. I wish could give you more information but I am the sponsored person so I don't have much information about Arrima.

The status of my case in Arrima has changed. They asked me that the sponsors should once again resend all the documents they sent in June 2022. I really do not understand the meaning of this. They wrote to us that some documents were incomplete, but we had already sent all those documents without any problems.