Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

srp301186

Jun 24, 2018
As per the response received from people in this forum, i assume it's not possible to resettle in Canada. Thank you all for your time and patience. I really appreciate it.

I'll take care of by myself.

Thanks,

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes. Of course. But she is unwilling to settle in sri lanka because of the well founded fear of persecution. That is the reason why I still reside in india.
Unfortunately, your illegal migrant situation has put you and your family in a difficult situation.

Although you're married to an Indian citizen + you have lived in India for 7+ years (the requirement to apply for citizenship), you cannot apply for Indian citizenship by marriage because you're an illegal migrant.

Also, your baby is not eligible for Indian citizenship because one parent has Indian citizenship but the other parent is an illegal migrant. Hopefully, you have registered your baby's birth in India.

I empathize with you and your family. IMO, in the best interests of your baby (who is stateless), you and your family may want to reconsider returning to Sri Lanka. Do try and get official documents for all of you when you return to SL.... and then consider moving to another country

srp301186

Jun 24, 2018
Unfortunately, your illegal migrant situation has put you and your family in a difficult situation.

Although you're married to an Indian citizen + you have lived in India for 7+ years (the requirement to apply for citizenship), you cannot apply for Indian citizenship by marriage because you're an illegal migrant.

Also, your baby is not eligible for Indian citizenship because one parent has Indian citizenship but the other parent is an illegal migrant. Hopefully, you have registered your baby's birth in India.

I empathize with you and your family. IMO, in the best interests of your baby (who is stateless), you and your family may want to reconsider returning to Sri Lanka. Do try and get official documents for all of you when you return to SL.... and then consider moving to another country
You are the only person who exactly understood my current situation. Even UNHCR india officials have not had this much clarity. Thank you so much for the better understanding. God bless you..

Reactions: Bryanna

srp301186

Jun 24, 2018
Srilanka is safe now to go back. Why don't you go back to srilanka?
I don't really think it is. Safety is not that i feel only when I was in my home. I must feel that wherever I go in that country. As a tamilian its not that easy for me to find a job in Colombo. I cannot tolerate the discrimination based on the race, religion, caste etc.

anusiya

Feb 6, 2015
I don't really think it is. Safety is not that i feel only when I was in my home. I must feel that wherever I go in that country. As a tamilian its not that easy for me to find a job in Colombo. I cannot tolerate the discrimination based on the race, religion, caste etc.
You can get X visa from Sri Lanka based on your wife and can live in India. Few of my friends had the same case. Apply for EC passport and then go to Sri Lanka show all your marriage proofs and get a passport and NIC and then apply for Visa.