+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee resettlement

srp301186

Jun 24, 2018
Hi,

I'm a sri lankan refugee residing in india for 3 decades. I was at the age of 3 when my parents brought me to india and never returned. Since I'm an illegal immigrant , indian government has never accepted as a citizen. Because of my refugee status, now my new born baby is also a non-citizen of india. So, I just want to get rid of my refugee status and resettle in a country which accept me as a citizen or PR. But the problem is I do not have a passport of any nation to travel to Canada. So, I'm in need to find a private sponsor or a sponsorship agreement holder or a group of five to help me. But I don't know anyone in Canada. Can someone please help me to find a private sponsorship?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi,

I'm a sri lankan refugee residing in india for 3 decades. I was at the age of 3 when my parents brought me to india and never returned. Since I'm an illegal immigrant , indian government has never accepted as a citizen. Because of my refugee status, now my new born baby is also a non-citizen of india. So, I just want to get rid of my refugee status and resettle in a country which accept me as a citizen or PR. But the problem is I do not have a passport of any nation to travel to Canada. So, I'm in need to find a private sponsor or a sponsorship agreement holder or a group of five to help me. But I don't know anyone in Canada. Can someone please help me to find a private sponsorship?
You are either a recognized refugee or an "illegal immigrant". Which is it?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

srp301186

Jun 24, 2018
I have tried that but no response from anyone.. I think someone in Canada have to submit the request on my behalf ..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have tried that but no response from anyone.. I think someone in Canada have to submit the request on my behalf ..
No - this won't make a difference.

If they aren't responding, that means they already have sponsored as many refugees as they are able to support. Unfortunately many SAHs are in this situation and unable to take on additional sponsorships.

Private sponsorship (groups of 5) is extremely difficult to find unless you know someone in Canada (i.e. have family or very close friends in Canada).

srp301186

Jun 24, 2018
No - this won't make a difference.

If they aren't responding, that means they already have sponsored as many refugees as they are able to support. Unfortunately many SAHs are in this situation and unable to take on additional sponsorships.

Private sponsorship (groups of 5) is extremely difficult to find unless you know someone in Canada (i.e. have family or very close friends in Canada).
Could you please consider me your friend and let me know the name of any SAH , you believe, would help people in this situation.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Could you please consider me your friend and let me know the name of any SAH , you believe, would help people in this situation.
I don't really know anything about SAHs and don't have any contacts. I've only heard that many have already reached their quotas for the number of people they can sponsor.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There only so many people who want and are able to support a stranger fora year. It is a large financial and time commitment so there are only a certain number of sponsorships per year. There is also a yearly quota of private sponsorship who are accepted. There is currently a backlog and due to the increased number of refugees showing up at our borders CIC may decide to decrease the yearly quota because the system is beyond overwhelmed.

srp301186

Jun 24, 2018
There only so many people who want and are able to support a stranger fora year. It is a large financial and time commitment so there are only a certain number of sponsorships per year. There is also a yearly quota of private sponsorship who are accepted. There is currently a backlog and due to the increased number of refugees showing up at our borders CIC may decide to decrease the yearly quota because the system is beyond overwhelmed.
Thank you.. I'm looking for this support because I do not have a passport of any nation. If someone from Canada sponsor me then i could get a temporary travel document from IRCC. If no one was there to sponsor then i've to repatriate to sri lanka leaving my wife and a month old kid here in india.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you.. I'm looking for this support because I do not have a passport of any nation. If someone from Canada sponsor me then i could get a temporary travel document from IRCC. If no one was there to sponsor then i've to repatriate to sri lanka leaving my wife and a month old kid here in india.
What citizenship does your wife have? Or is she an illegal immigrant or stateless?

All of you (including your wife and child) have the option to be repatriated to Sri Lanka