+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee marriage with international student

Nandani53

Jan 18, 2020
Hi my name is nandani
I want to know that my boyfriend had to apply for refugee because of some issues with his college . We have been together for 4 years and want to get married , but there is still no response on his refugee case . So will there be any problem if we get married?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi my name is nandani
I want to know that my boyfriend had to apply for refugee because of some issues with his college . We have been together for 4 years and want to get married , but there is still no response on his refugee case . So will there be any problem if we get married?
Issues with college are not a reason to apply as a refugee. How does he think he qualifies?

You can marry.

Reactions: jddd

Nandani53

Jan 18, 2020
The issues were quite serious as there were some allegations by the college and even threatened to complaint about him and deport him but the main thing I wanted to ask was about marriage so thank you though .

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The issues were quite serious as there were some allegations by the college and even threatened to complaint about him and deport him but the main thing I wanted to ask was about marriage so thank you though .
Still not even remotely close to being reasons to apply as a refugee. Be aware that it sounds like he will likely be refused and removed from Canada. Marrying him won't stop that. If you end up staying in Canada, you could end up separated for a long time.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi my name is nandani
Yes - you can certainly marry him. Note that this won't give him status in Canada or allow him to remain in Canada if the refugee claim fails.

Reactions: Norijal

Jagg.virk

Sep 21, 2021
Hi my name is nandani
Hey nandani are you still here if yes can you please text back i have ques

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi I’m on refugee status my wife on pgwp and she is applying for cec I want to know that Is I’m eligible to apply pr with her?
Yes. How long have you been in a relationship? How long did you date before getting married? There will be extra scrutiny on your sponsorship application because there will be concerns that you got married for immigration reasons. If you got married soon after meeting.there will be extra concerns that you got married to secure your status in Canada.

tydeninioluwa

Oct 2, 2021
Hi my name is nandani
I want to know that my boyfriend had to apply Nox Vidmate VLC for refugee because of some issues with his college . We have been together for 4 years and want to get married , but there is still no response on his refugee case . So will there be any problem if we get married?
my wife on pgwp and she is applying for cec I want to know that Is I’m eligible to apply pr with her?

Last edited: