+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee in turkey under SAH program waiting for interview call

meran

Apr 12, 2023
Hello guys about 13 days ago after 17 months i had a call from IOM and they asked me some questions about my health and other things and they told me i have a interview in may but they didn’t give me any exact date . They told me once again we will call you in next days and inform you about the exact date ,also they told me after interview in same day you have your medical test too , so now after 2 weeks I’m a little nervous about it because they didn’t call me until now , if anyone had a same experience please tell me what is next my location is turkey and my interview will be in ankara

alyhas

Star Member
Feb 17, 2022
TBS
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
02-01-2023
AOR Received.
04-04-2023
Med's Request
waiting..
Interview........
waiting..
did you check your emails? you may ask your SAH if they receive any correspondence about the interview. try calling the IOM back.

Re: Potential steps after the interview. it is background checks that may take up to 6 months but usually don't. so its going to be a matter of few months before you get tickets if everything goes well in the interview and medical.

Reactions: meran

meran

Apr 12, 2023
did you check your emails? you may ask your SAH if they receive any correspondence about the interview. try calling the IOM back.

Re: Potential steps after the interview. it is background checks that may take up to 6 months but usually don't. so its going to be a matter of few months before you get tickets if everything goes well in the interview and medical.
Thanks for replying,yes everyday i try to call iom but they dont answer me and yes i checked my email and i do it everyday about 7 days ago i could reach iom and they told me we are in medical department and we can’t tell you about your interview date and there is many departments in iom and one of them have connection with ircc so they have to call me as i found out , also yes i think i have to send a email to my sah and tell them, but i don’t know should i send it right now or after the may month, because it’s still possible to they call me

alyhas

Star Member
Feb 17, 2022
TBS
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
02-01-2023
AOR Received.
04-04-2023
Med's Request
waiting..
Interview........
waiting..
Thanks for replying,yes everyday i try to call iom but they dont answer me and yes i checked my email and i do it everyday about 7 days ago i could reach iom and they told me we are in medical department and we can’t tell you about your interview date and there is many departments in iom and one of them have connection with ircc so they have to call me as i found out , also yes i think i have to send a email to my sah and tell them, but i don’t know should i send it right now or after the may month, because it’s still possible to they call me
I think you should check with your SAH now. ask them if they received any instructions from the IRCC for the interview.

meran

Apr 12, 2023
I think you should check with your SAH now. ask them if they received any instructions from the IRCC for the interview.
Iam so sad man today they called from iom and told me your interview will be not in may anymore and right now embassy has more emergency cases then you and you have to wait 2 months or more , it was my only hope in past 17 months i hope they call back sooner

alyhas

Star Member
Feb 17, 2022
TBS
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
02-01-2023
AOR Received.
04-04-2023
Med's Request
waiting..
Interview........
waiting..
Iam so sad man today they called from iom and told me your interview will be not in may anymore and right now embassy has more emergency cases then you and you have to wait 2 months or more , it was my only hope in past 17 months i hope they call back sooner
Oh, I am so sorry to hear that, hang in there buddy! you've waited for so long, I am sure that they will call soon

meran

Apr 12, 2023
Oh, I am so sorry to hear that, hang in there buddy! you've waited for so long, I am sure that they will call soon
I hope so man , by the way one of my friends told me because you called them so many time they told you like that to stop calling them because if it wasn’t anything they don’t call you after that long time and i think that can be true because daily i called them like 50 40 times i had so much stress i couldn’t stop it

alyhas

Star Member
Feb 17, 2022
TBS
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
02-01-2023
AOR Received.
04-04-2023
Med's Request
waiting..
Interview........
waiting..
I hope so man , by the way one of my friends told me because you called them so many time they told you like that to stop calling them because if it wasn’t anything they don’t call you after that long time and i think that can be true because daily i called them like 50 40 times i had so much stress i couldn’t stop it
oh no. its probably why they said this to you. Lol ....now take a back seat and wait :)

globalcitizen2015

Mar 23, 2023
First call is to verify you are still in your country of refugee. It’s just confirmation .
Then after they inform the embassy about your existence.
After few weeks you will receive another confirmation and IOm schedule your appointments but this date has to be confirmed by the embassy too. Once it’s confirmed by the embassy then you will be notified about interview date, location and required documents.

also for your piece of mind don’t worry if your interview is fixed embassy directly sends you an email asking for updated/missing documents so you will know something is coming up.

have patience !
don’t bug IOM too much. 40-50 calls just not right

meran

Apr 12, 2023
First call is to verify you are still in your country of refugee. It’s just confirmation .
After few weeks you will receive another confirmation and IOm schedule your appointments but this date has to be confirmed by the embassy too. Once it’s confirmed by the embassy then you will be notified about interview date, location and required documents.

also for your piece of mind don’t worry if your interview is fixed embassy directly sends you an email asking for updated/missing documents so you will know something is coming up.

have patience !
Thank you so much for your reply yes i think this happened to me because 2 days ago they called me once again and told me in this month in next 2 3 4 weeks you will have your interview and your medical exams too , yes i didn’t call iom anymore and i hope i will receive and email too as soon as possible

meran

Apr 12, 2023

have patience !
Also sorry if I bother, what kind of documents they will ask , do you have any idea?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
50 calls daily:oops:

Reactions: scylla