+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Hearing

manjotrefugee

Nov 24, 2021
Hello everyone,
My refugee hearing gonna happen in January 2022. Can anyone tell me any tips which can help me on hearing date?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, I am from India. I have applied as person in need of protection.
Would speak to your lawyer. Impossible to give advice without knowing the specifics of your case. Asylum from India is fairly difficult to get partially because it is a very large country so most could relocate within the country.

Reactions: Ghess23

Zeeshaan10

Aug 31, 2021
Hello everyone,
My refugee hearing gonna happen in January 2022. Can anyone tell me any tips which can help me on hearing date?
Just give them Answer What They Ask You only In Short Answer Don't Try To go In Details. They Can Ask You Randomly So Remember Very well Your's Basis Of Claim. Be Calm Don't Be Nervous. The Most Important You Should Work On Your Credibility And Your Lawyer Part in Your Hearing Last Session. Im Providing You Pdf File It will Help You In Your Case. https://pubsdb.lss.bc.ca/pdfs/pubs/Refugee-Hearing-Preparation-eng.pdf.

Zeeshaan10

Aug 31, 2021
Would speak to your lawyer. Impossible to give advice without knowing the specifics of your case. Asylum from India is fairly difficult to get partially because it is a very large country so most could relocate within the country.
No Matter From India Or Any Other Countries.

If You Have Valid Reason and And If You Have Valid Real Evidence of Relocate in Your Country Then You Can Fight.....It's Depends On Your Case......

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
Virtual hearing tips and techniques ( as per my experience)

1: memorize your story by each word.
2: Donot forget to memorize dates mentioned in the story.

3: check holidays.off in those days .

4: Always get prepared from any experienced and well reputed story writer .

5: Donot expect your lawyer will help you for case preparation because he will hv just 2/3 sittings with you and I believe questions asked by him/her will be general questions .

6: take a pen and paper and do negative analysis of your story because when memberof refugee board will study ur case he will find your mistakes first .so negative analysis will help you to answer lope holes Of your story .

7: when you memorize your story then switch on your mobile video camera .put it in front of you and make minimum 20 videos of you explaining your story ..
After every recording watch your video carefully and note down what you are explaining wrongly or what you said in a confused way ..

8:your refugee claimant application mean you need protection and back home is not safe so keep it in ur mind that if you llgo back .you will be killed even you move from one city to another ..

9: at the date of hearing take some sweets before hearing ,it will energize you .

10: Donot cry in front of member IRB but if something wrong happened to you in back home then with wet eyes just explain your fear.but Donot cry like kids .

11:you should have at least 100 questions from your story

12 : few things I am unable to share here plz go to YouTube and search how to prepare for refugee hearing in Canada ..

sherryl89

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018

5: Donot expect your lawyer will help you for case preparation because he will hv just 2/3 sittings with you and I believe questions asked by him/her will be general questions .

6: take a pen and paper and do negative analysis of your story because when memberof refugee board will study ur case he will find your mistakes first .so negative analysis will help you to answer lope holes Of your story .

7: when you memorize your story then switch on your mobile video camera .put it in front of you and make minimum 20 videos of you explaining your story ..
After every recording watch your video carefully and note down what you are explaining wrongly or what you said in a confused way ..

8:your refugee claimant application mean you need protection and back home is not safe so keep it in ur mind that if you llgo back .you will be killed even you move from one city to another ..

9: at the date of hearing take some sweets before hearing ,it will energize you .

10: Donot cry in front of member IRB but if something wrong happened to you in back home then with wet eyes just explain your fear.but Donot cry like kids .

12 : few things I am unable to share here plz go to YouTube and search how to prepare for refugee hearing in Canada ..
Do not memorize. Please understand your story and know your situation.

cyberlink

Aug 10, 2020

No need for all of this if you're not LYING!!

tirgerone

Star Member
Apr 12, 2022

Saleempkk

Jul 30, 2022
Hi
Today I met one uncle in community center He had hearing 2nd last week. He must be between 75 and 80.
His nephew is my friend, what my friend told me is given below:

My uncle had hearing 2nd last week and his hearing went well, almost every question was answered perfectly according to BOC and story.
In the last, member told that I dot not have any issues from hearing but because he was born in India then migrated to Pakistan after partition, I need to check what is the law for Pakistani Muslims to migrate again to India. member said If his life is in danger in Pakistan he also can migrate to India again to save his life. So member asked for a official law document what is the law if Pakistani Muslim wants to migrate to India and member also asked I need a document to know why he can not migrate to India instead of Canada to save his life. I have only this issue now hearing has finished and have a nice day.

Does any one know about this ? what is the answer what is the solution and most importantly what is the law for Pakistan Muslims to Migrate India again who were born in India, any govt link?.
Why I am asking, next week my brother in law has hearing and he is 76 years old, a Pakistan Muslim who was born in India and migrated after partition. we were tensed but now
we are more and more tensed.

Any thing to say please ?